The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe something is attacking my zoo's. In the pic you can see four of the bigger zoo's closed up and down to the right toward the bottom are some of the smaller ones closed up. They seem to disappear after awhile. Could there be a small nudibranch or something in there? Can I do a fresh water dip if so how long and what temp? Thanks for any info!:)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Whatever you do be very careful. Do not get killed looking for those little jerko's as they are very toxic!

Edit - You woudln't believe it. I was looking at your pic and I found one of them. Look! I tried to blow it up and enhance it.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Johnny do not handle these with bare hands. They are as toxic as the zoos they eat. I read a post on Rc about someone who smashed one with his finger and ended up in the hospital. He made it through with no long termproblems but the doctors were clueless about what to do other than wait/watch and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Johnny wear yellow dish gloves and use a magnifing glass to look for the suckers and remove with tweezers,be careful remember Zoes have polytoxin real bad stuff.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hey guys! I am assuming I can take the zoo's out of water for a short period of time and check for these buggers! Man and I have moved this coral around in the tank a few times! Lucky me!

So are they nudibranchs?:)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well I found this snail in among the zoo's. What do you think?

Not a great pic!:(

I also cut away the affected areas!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.