The Reef Tank banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some star coral, mushrooms etc and some zoos. All are doing well except the zoos that suddenly want to close up. PH is 8.4, no nitrates, alkalinity is 2.5 and tank is 5 months old. Thriving macro algae and limited bio load. Skim unless feeding inverts & corals. 48 inch power compacts. Also have a thriving clam. 25% water changed two weeks ago. Should I be concerned? The star coral is multiplying like crazy and is about 8 inches away from zoos. Should I move them? Currently both high in the tank under the lights have had them both about 1.5 months.

Comments?

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
do you have a pic of the star coral? is it yellow? if it is than it is not photosynthetic and should be moved away from the lights. they tend to do better in caves out of direct light. they also need to be feed regularly.

zoas are kinda funky. i would not be to worried. you might want to take a very close look at them and make sure there are not any moving zoas on them. there are small nudi's that can eat zoas, but they are rare, but worth the close examination anyway.

G~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts