The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since the acro swap didn't hold too well lets see who wants to do a zoo swap. you only need to do 2nd day air mail so the shipping is no more than $10 usually. we would ask everyone to throw in 2 different types with at least 3-4 polyps. if they are attached to LR then we want a limitation that the lr piece be less than 1/2" cubed. this will help keep the water clean. when we are ready i will get a slightly larger container than last time to ship them in and start the trade off. if your interested please post and we will take it from there. i want to get this done by the end of june.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
id love too, but i only have 2 types right now, and they are pretty common, hope no one hates me for sending these too them. lol, and how can you remove from live rock or shell?

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if your prepping some then you might want to start now. to frag them you can either break the rock they are on and tear a small part off or use a razorblade to carefully scrape them off the rock. do it now so they can heal before we start. Go ahead and post a pic of what you have. you never know... they might not even exist on the west side...

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I want in but just like Levedrummer I have only orange and green zoos right now and I think they are very popular. I don't want to upset anyone.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Does anyone have anything blue? I have all the other varieties to trade. My nano is literally overgrown with these guys

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
here is what i have, anyone interested?

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
bump hello?

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here are the frag and swap procedures... copied from a pm i sent

it really is no big deal. you can do 1 of 2 things. use wire clippers to clip a small outcropping of zoo laced rock off the main group and set it aside in the tank to heal... or... take a small chunk of rock and nestle it in among some zoos and let them grow onto it, when a few are attached then pull it out of the group and set it aside.

the terms are easy too. i start with a thermos, put my 2 frags inside and ship the thermos 2nd day air to the next guy... that person takes them out and acclimates them and then repeates the process with his own zoo frags... you need to notify the person you are sending to and get the weather from them so you know if you need to add heat or cold to the package. if the zoos show up and don't survive, that is the risk we take... there are no guarentees with the swap.

that is pretty much it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts