The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 29 biocube and have now dumped quite a bit of money into it. It's running a bit hot - 82 degrees. Can someone tell me if they've tried using a Zoo Med Aqua Cool Aquarium Cooling Fan in a biocube 29 and if so where you put it and did it work? I've read reviews and I understand they get a little loud but I just need something for the rest of this season and I'll get a chiller before next spring.

·
little fishy girl
4,061 Posts
i dont have a biocube but i do have this fan and it did work pretty good and i didnt think it was too loud . hope this helps

·
Registered
173 Posts
I got this fan on clearance at petco for 8 bucks and it works ok. I have it on my 10 gallon freshwater. If it's really hot and/or humid it will at least keep the water below/right around 80 degrees. It works ok for me and my ten but I'm not so sure I would use it on a 29. On my 20 gallon marine I have a 6 inch no name brand clip on fan that I got at wal mart for less than 10 bucks and that thing rocks. Even in the hottest weather (reaching to the low 90's and rarely into the triple digits in Southern Cali), this thing keeps my 20 at 75-78 degrees. I would recommend the later for your situation. Good little fan I just don't think it would work well on a 29

1 - 5 of 5 Posts