The Reef Tank banner

Zoes Aint Hot??

2K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  mnreefman 
#1 ·
#10 ·
That is a great looking piece, but the bid price is just a little out there.

Have you every noticed some the stupid bid prices that take place on Ebay? I mean I have seen stuff go for more that what you would pay at a local store. Or after include shipping is still cost more than paying taxes and buying local.

#19 ·
Casey said:
So whats to stop any of us from finding a few attractive different types and seeding a rock. Would be fun to watch something like that grow out :) Ya get a nice shapped rock and go for it. I'd love to try something like that.

#20 ·
Mkelly said:
So whats to stop any of us from finding a few attractive different types and seeding a rock. Would be fun to watch something like that grow out :) Ya get a nice shapped rock and go for it. I'd love to try something like that.
There is nothing stopping us. In fact, all coral farming and propagation sites will tell you that the idea of putting different color shrooms or zoes on one rock is the best way to stretch profits from fragging.

Example-Rock A - Softball size with red shrooms = 20.00
Rock B- Softball size with red, blue, purple shrooms=50.00

That's the reason that zoe rock was so pricey I bet. The more diversity the better.

#21 ·
I'm a total newb when it comes to that kinda thing Mark :) I don't know off hand whats agressive and whats not as rote. So I'm always supprised when I see different types( albeit of the same species) together. It really is a beautiful piece. I would do it more for the sheer enjoyment of watching it grow =) Be a fun little project to nurse along I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.