The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My zoas and utter chaos grow like crazy for years, suddenly stop growing and start die away for couple months. Everything else looking fine and doing well. The only zoas and utter chaos are not doing well. I am not sure what the reason. I have tested my water, everything looking fine. Anyone have any advise why that happen?

Thanks,

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,729 Posts
You might try one of those Triton tests to see if there is some element that is way elevated due to something like a magnet failing, or something.

I had zoas dying back a couple of times that I struggled to explain. One time it was a preditor stinging them called a Digitate Hydroid. They are these white strings that come out at night and sting anything close and there were a bunch of them on my Zoa rock. Killing them fixed it. Another time it was a tank too clean, they weren't getting the food they need. Another thing to check for (never had it but others have) is a zoa eating worm/nudi/spider pest - look with a flashlight at night and see if you see anything crawling around.

Just a few things to check. Posting pictures might help too!
Whiskey

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might try one of those Triton tests to see if there is some element that is way elevated due to something like a magnet failing, or something.

I had zoas dying back a couple of times that I struggled to explain. One time it was a preditor stinging them called a Digitate Hydroid. They are these white strings that come out at night and sting anything close and there were a bunch of them on my Zoa rock. Killing them fixed it. Another time it was a tank too clean, they weren't getting the food they need. Another thing to check for (never had it but others have) is a zoa eating worm/nudi/spider pest - look with a flashlight at night and see if you see anything crawling around.

Whiskey
Thanks for your advise. What is Triton test? Can you give me a picture of that? Here a photo now. I will find the one I have before zoas cover all of my rock. Now I see more rock than zoas.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Whiskey
Here a screen shot at night with flash light on. I have a video but file too big couldn't upload. I am not sure you see clearly. There a lot like spiders not sure if that cause zoas die away. Can you take a look, see if you see anything cause zoas die away? I am trying to find an issue. There got to be something wrong here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts