The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received these Zoo's from Clint(MNreefman) awhile back and they were in my wife's 20 gallon tank for about three weeks. Here lighting consist of 55ww white PC and 55ww blue PC's. She started to notice on the right hand side they were turning a bit white.
I have put them into my 80 gallon reef tank under 250ww MH 10,000k and 96ww PC actinic 03 lighting in hoping they will pink up again. They are about 7" from the surface of the water. So do you think they will regain their color? Thanks for any info!:)

Attachments

·
Administrator
47,633 Posts
Hmmm how hi were they in Pats tank? I think I would be inclined to move them lower

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doug I get what you are saying and failed to mention that they are shaded a bit by an over hanging ledge! They are getting light but not full direct light from the MH's!:)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Johnny they love that light dude blast them babies like I do:)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Johnny is this them? at the bottom pcs stink for penetration of water.I threw out my pcs:eek: :funny:

Attachments

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Mine love the light also.... The higher I put them in the tank, the better they seem to respond... Cook them bad boys....

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Buzz_Hog said:
Mine love the light also.... The higher I put them in the tank, the better they seem to respond... Cook them bad boys....
Jesus Buzz dont tell Johnny to cook them HE MIGHT
remember his last time he left them out to FRY:rolleyes: :D :p

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Ahhhh.... Very True Casey...

Johnny, just give them a lot of light, but make usre they are still submersed in water... and make sure the water has a SG of 1.021-1.026

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Buzz_Hog said:
Ahhhh.... Very True Casey...

Johnny, just give them a lot of light, but make usre they are still submersed in water... and make sure the water has a SG of 1.021-1.026
:funny: :funny: :funny:

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Buzz and casey I thought of putting them right under the MH light bulb about an inch away on a little stand and see if that will change their color!!:eek:

Casey that circle you drew on the tank pic is not the pink zoa's but corralline algae growing! The zoa's were already in my tank at the time!:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts