The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
No Pinch!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here feed thier Zoas?

if so what do you feed and how often???

Have you seen growth results from feeding? Color?

TIA
Linn

·
Protect the Worlds Reefs
1,152 Posts
I personally dont target feed them or otherwise. I dose frozen cyclop-eeze, frozen bio-plankton and have no clue if they eat it or not:) I do know they are light hogs, well mine are and they have steady growth rates. I do dose iodine once a week.

·
No Pinch!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any particular brand(s)? I should look for? and are these foods ok for other soft corals?

Thanks!
Linn

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Discdogge said:
any particular brand(s)? I should look for? and are these foods ok for other soft corals?

Thanks!
Linn
I just get whatever is on sale at the LFS and says for general coral feeding.:)

·
NFMAS
3,516 Posts
This topic comes and goes frequently. The last time it was brought up I said I do not feed my corals (sps) and I still do not, however I have been following a study on old tank syndrome and the test involves 2 tanks of equal age, size , and bioload. During a 6 month period there was no visible difference from the tank that had fed corals and the tank that did not have fed corals. After 6 months there differences started to show between the 2 tanks. The fed tank's corals were more vibrant, showed continuous growth, and had fewer occurrences of RTN and sick corals. I plan to incorporate some kind of feeding schedule into my tank maintenance with DT phyto<O:p</O:p

·
Protect the Worlds Reefs
1,152 Posts
John I got some frozen bottle of Phyto plankton with the cycop-eeze in it from Robert the last time I was in there, and my corals seem to like it, especially my welsy brain and ricordia.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts