The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a peice of pumping zenia. When i got it home it was off the rock it was on. Can i just rubber band it on to another?

Will a pepperment shrimp eat my zenia?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
hey

pretty sure peppermints are reefsafe...u will probably have to glue that xenia on with some super glue gel.(reefsafe gel lol)

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Super glue won't work for xenia at all. If you haven't tried it already, you will see that it is too slimy for glue to work. A rubber band will work fine, it should take hold in a day or two and then you can remove the rubberband.

·
Registered
307 Posts
option 1: black thread, sewing needle, needle black thread thru the base of the xenia & then tie down tightly to rock

option 2: if you have enough stalk on the xenia, put rubberband around the rock, take the base of the stalk & "pinch-it" underneath the rubberband.

i'm not a big fan of superglue as all "softie" coral have a slime they build-up & they will work that slime in between itself & the superglue. in 2 days you most likely have a rock with superglue on it & your xenia floating around inside the tank somewhere. coral must have complete contact with the rock naturally & no foreign-substance like super-glue in between the coral & the rock. glue has never worked for me with any type of "softie" coral.

place rock in a very low flow part of the tank. either way...allow 3-5 days for the xenia to grab hold if you use option 1 or 2 above

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think i have it

I put a rubber band on it. It's not coming out at all. I shut the light off for the night so I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow. My peppermint shrimp keeps on messing with it. He keeps it up I might have to feed him to my stars and strip puffer in my other tank. j/k :rotflmao: thanks for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts