mnreefman said:
hehe..... dun worry itll be back as new and then some in 24 hrs lol
Oh I have more if you want some your more than welcome to all of it

Jeff

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
send it to me send it to me :D

tell me this, my lfs charges like 45 bucks for 3 or 4 stalks of xenia (and that was the lowest price in town) but on here, everyone is always trying to GIVE the stuff away?!?!?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
that's a good thing !!! well, to beginners like me :funy:

·
Master of Perplexity
3,451 Posts
I think also that almost any xenia doesn't travel well. The stuff at the lfs looked pretty sad, but a maintenance guy's tank had quite a colony and he gave me a single stalk. Took 4 months before it split into two, then quickly into four, then six..... And it's not just newbies! I gave Casey eight rocks of it! Hey Casey, has it taken over your tank yet?! I got some more if anybody wants it. I've got a different variety that is smaller and very white, and doesn't multiply as fast. At least not yet......

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
heh! so THAT is what it takes to kill it!

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
In the lagoonal tank, I resorted to kalk paste (strange, they seemed worse than Aiptasia...) and I thought I had gotten rid of all of the, but like the majano, I am seeing a few of them again... 4 months later, can't seem to kill them out.

·
A goof
2,923 Posts
They can be VERY bad, we have a different variation that is a lot better. If anything let it get on your glass, not your rocks and you have a chance

Jon

·
Super Moderator
27,696 Posts
Great battle scene, Jeff!

I can't believe that Tom said the dreaded "majano" :p

The first Xenia I had, I bought from PA. It grew and grew and grew to monstrous size. There may even be a pic of it here somewhere. Sadly, that one did bite the dust in the great chillout of Dec 2002 :(

G

·
cath said:
Great battle scene, Jeff!

I can't believe that Tom said the dreaded "majano" :p

The first Xenia I had, I bought from PA. It grew and grew and grew to monstrous size. There may even be a pic of it here somewhere. Sadly, that one did bite the dust in the great chillout of Dec 2002 :(
you should be toasting to such a great victory in finally elimnating it from your tank lol

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have the red sea xenia and I had to move it to the fuge because it was dying out in the main tank. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
cath said:
...first Xenia I had, I bought from PA. It grew and grew and grew to monstrous size. There may even be a pic of it here somewhere. Sadly, that one did bite the dust in the great chillout of Dec 2002 :(
So how many would you like??? (species and specimens)

I think they'll transport across town... ...They will prolly crawl out of the tank and look for change in the couch so they can take the bus...

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
well that settles it.. when this tank is up and running, my first colonies will be fast growing xenia.. sure ot give me an ego stroke for sure :D

it'll surely calm my desire for an anemone. since i only like the anemones because they wave back and forth in the water, and xenia does too!

now if i'll only be able to find some trters to donate some :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts