The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning my tiger and pistol shrimp pair were doing great. They came out together, the shrimp looked normal and was tidying up the place from there sleep that night. However, he went inside his cave around mid day, and hasnt come out since. And now my YWG won't go to sleep or enter his cave at all. He just sits right outside of it with his back end inside the tunnel. Is he protecting the shrimp while he's molting?

·
cheese and beer... mmmm
5,579 Posts
That's a very common pose for a ywg.. mine gaurds the entrance too.. they should both be just fine... Pistol don't see well and that's one of the reasons they pair uo.. you'll notice that the shrimp is always touching the gobie when they venture out... I wouldn't worry about them..

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, its just this time he was doing it at 1 am last night... I assume the shrimp is molting though, makes sense for him not being seen or heard from since earlier yesterday.

·
cheese and beer... mmmm
5,579 Posts
I sometimes go days withoit hearing mine click... And to tell you the truth I've never even seen a molt from it in my tank yet... I had a CBS that would molt once a month.. the shed was always lodged in my MP10 when I got home in the morning.. if he does molt, I'm sure you'll see him again in a day or two...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts