The Reef Tank banner

YWG and pistol shrimp video

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rininger85 
#1 ·
#4 ·
The two pistols I've had were both added later than the goby. The first one I got was back when I had my original 10 gal tank. I had the YWG in the tank as my first fish, a couple months later I added the pistol shrimp and the pistol was clicking nonstop as it swam in to a hiding spot, the YWG came out and swam all over the tank frantically until he found the pistol and immediately buddied up with him.

Pretty much the same story with my current pistol/YWG that are in my 20H at work. I had the goby for about a month then added the pistol, he wasn't quite as loud clicking and the YWG didn't go nuts trying to find him, but within a day or so they were buddied up and are always close together.

I need to get another pistol for my current tank at home... the YWG I have in it has been with me for probably a year, my original pistol ended up dying (he had a tough life, survived 2 power outages in the 10 gal, the second one I thought he was dead, grabbed him with tweezers to remove him and he started moving but was practically frozen... died several months later which I'm still assuming was related to the shortening of his life from the power outages/freezing). Now my current YWG has been in my 240 for a few months, it will be really interesting to see how long it takes for a pistol and YWG to pair up with that big of a tank to find each other... =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.