The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......SORRY!

Good *orning and a start all over again *ONDAY.

Coffee is ready at least, with partly cloudy *id 70's skies. I like weekends too *uch to ever be a fan of *ondays.
So*e chilled Al*ond Joy bars to get us going, and doubt they'll *elt quickly on the drive.

Peace, and hope,
Hack

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the Almond Joys and coffee, Hack! I will add oatmeat with all kinds of trimmings to go in your bowl. That should’ve warm you up and make you feel great all day long.

Rick, you’re a hoot! That sounds like Monday talking but it could be Wednesday or any other day, I guess. I hope your day is as smooth as a Monday can be or better.

Thinking of Almond Joys, how many of you remember the Almond Joy/Mounds jingle?

Vinnie, good luck with Ian headed in your direction!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Morning all. Tried out my lady's Caddy CTS. 318 ponies makes for decent acceleration outdragging the others from the toll booths.

Bad moods are contagious at work. Think we all have a case of the Monday's.

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Sorry to hear Jeff.

Reactions: Junkzoo

· Super Moderator
24,430 Posts
Afternoon/thanks all.
“Sad and Glad” , is a odd way to put how I feel about mom passing but I think you all understand.
Glad she did not suffer another day longer.
Will meet with the funeral director tomorrow, cremation and no service per se , as mom directed.
Sis and I are doing as well as expected, cried and laughed remembering good times.
Not wanting to sound like I’m greedy/thinking ahead, but the house/estate will be going through probate, only because the house is still in mom and dad’s name. 50-50 split in the will with Sis and myself , with no dispute so no issues there.
We bounced a few this/that things about, Mom held on to Dad’s last classic car, a 1950 Mercury Monterey coupe, Sis said mom was going to get it out there to sell, never did. Told sis I would like it, she said “it was not one dad fully restored like the others, why would you want it ?” Told her ( thought she knew) that dad told me years ago that he had a ‘50 Merc when he first started dating mom,, hence him finally/eventually getting a ‘50 Merc. As Sis said “what would you do with it ?” Told her “keep it ❤“,,, cuz it symbolized a important part in mom and dad’s life. She did not know the “why’s” of the Mercury prior to me telling her. I think she gets it 🤔🥰.

No immediate plans on putting the house on the market, since Sis said mom would have a fit if there were people traipsing thru the house in wintery wet shoes,,, no argument there,👍🏼😉.

Sis beat me to it when I came in the house and we hugged, saying “it’s just us now” ❤,,, told her I was intending to say the very same thing , first.

Time for a reboot,,,

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Our prayers Jeff go out to You and Your Family for Mom.......I understand the 'sad n glad' phrase, as well as laughter with the tears. Hang on to Each other.
My younger Brother and I acquired THAT title as well this past year......'Just us now'. Coming from a large Family there comes the time when us Youngsters get the reins.
We're thinking of Y'All,
Hack n Family

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My day at the creek dwarfs in compare to today's events around the TRT Table.....:(......

Rick, your grasp of the seriousness of Mondays leave me speechless.....you've said it all.(y)
i was as.....well.....I'll even say WE were as busy as a herd of 1 armed monkeys holding a bunch of bananas whilst trying to grab the next vine.
Launched/hauled/moved and reblocked a whole fleet, as well as I have the transmission job near on complete.....and it's only *onday!:sneaky:

Got a bag of Mushroom Cheese steak subs if'n there's any 'believers' amongst our number......there is power in a good sub....but so many are lead astray by POOR ONES! :sneaky:

Got some chilled Butter Fingers.....Mounds.....Almond Joy, ("Because....some times Ya feel like a nut.....some times you don't."), Hershey's .....AND Kit Kats for desert. Unless of course you're going the Chocolate layer cake or Coconut cake route first....,in that case save some room.
Hack

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We bounced a few this/that things about, Mom held on to Dad’s last classic car, a 1950 Mercury Monterey coupe, Sis said mom was going to get it out there to sell, never did. Told sis I would like it, she said “it was not one dad fully restored like the others, why would you want it ?” Told her ( thought she knew) that dad told me years ago that he had a ‘50 Merc when he first started dating mom,, hence him finally/eventually getting a ‘50 Merc. As Sis said “what would you do with it ?” Told her “keep it ❤“,,, cuz it symbolized a important part in mom and dad’s life. She did not know the “why’s” of the Mercury prior to me telling her. I think she gets it 🤔🥰.
Similar but different......
My first car....was a1966 Chevy 1/2 ton 'short bed' pick up 250 I-6 complete with a wooden bed.
Wasn't the prettiest thing, but Dad and me we whipped her into shape.....replaced the oak planks, and learned all about Dupont 7 compound.....still have that smell in my noise. We went places that truck n me....we 'bonded'. Left her in the garage when I went away in the Navy with her engine tore apart....BIG PLANS. Came home only to find Mom sold it.....'looked terrible, and was tore apart.....figured you could use the money to buy a 'nice' car.'. I still miss that truck.....THAT was a piece of Me and my Dad. Mom didn't get THAT, and I certainly never held that against Her.....but I still miss that truck. (y)
Hack

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
.....MAN do we have trouble!
There's now Peach, Black Cherry AND Mint Chocolate Chip ice creams on the counter.....NEED HELP!
Hack
:eek:

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HIT SEND!

Sadly the only pictures of the old 'Grey Ghost' exist only in my head.....did have a locking gas cap....and eventually an 8-track of course. Was working at the Air base near us....part of a Vo-Tech exchange program with the Air Force......so most of my body work, which was extensive was thanks to aluminum, pop rivets, and 'Clicos'. A large part of my truck you could say had a lot in common with the F-106 Delta Darts of the 177th fighter/interceptor wing here. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Hack

1 - 20 of 28 Posts