The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't worry about what's in this specific tank or will be...

I'm just curious if you'd do 2x96 PC or 4x39 T5. and a breif explanation why if you don't mind.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
4 t-5's by far. I had two 64w PC on the tank before the light in the tank now is just awesome. plus they are suppose to give a great specturem I don't know. Bottom line cheaper to run and my corals love them.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The T5 I'm looking at is the Nova Extreme though. So it doesn't have the individual reflectors. Even without the individual reflectors, I don't think I could build my own 4 bulb setup for anywhere near that cheap and have two seperate power cords. Or am I missing something here?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Those are the exact lights I have (the Nova T-5's) the only thing that I donot like is the cooling fan is loud. They are Great lights in my opinion. My LFS cliams that he has customers keep tridacid clams (spelling??) under these light and are very heathy.

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Where are you guys buying these Nova t5s so I can check them out? any online?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
spotted this on ebay today. Now don't everyone buy them up so there's none left for me! :)

What do you guys think of this? The price certainly seems pretty nice, but there's no brand name associated with it. Is it just their "house" brand or is it something else that they are too ashamed to say?

http://tinyurl.com/k58gw

MitchelWB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts