The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You find this 7ft. monster in your tank eating your lovely corals!
Awesome tank by the way, check out his system!

http://www.oregonreef.com/sub_worm.htm

I don't know though man with that big of a system and all that money invested you would think he would want a larger viewing area. Just my feelings though, but then again I don't have 20 grand laying to build a tank like this or a wife that would let me spend that much on a tank. LOL

·
11,345 Posts
Yeah, they dont discriminate to tank size and they are VERY wary of light, red light or not. I found a 30" in my 46 last year. He was eating shrooms, crabs and snails. I would see him for just fractions of a second when i first hit the tank with the red light and i finally figured out how big he was by taking flash picture shots in the dark where i would see him at the same time every night. I watched him go into a big rock and dissassembled the tank to get him.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Those woms are tricky because If you pull em out of the rock, and he breaks, and a little piece of him is still in the rock/ pipe, then that little piece can regenerate into a whole new worm.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
does anybody know what they look like when they are smaller? I have some worms in my tank that I would think are great sand sifters but, they don't like light :) They seem to have a mouth within a mouth. or put it this way. A sleave with a mouth that moves back and forth inside?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
nope no chance to get pics sometimes you can see a mouth and then it is gone in the sand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts