The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got this guy today for 40$

Been lookin for a yellow peice to finalize my color schemes..Could you tell me if there are specific requirements to its propagation?..Unfortunately I get very vauge advice from my LFS.."eh, its ez!very hardy," im sure you know the shpeal.. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Leathers are one of the easiest to propogate. Just make a clean cut with a razor blade and glue or rubberband to a piece of rock or rubble.

That's a nice yellow color (hope it's not dyed).

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry for the misunderstanding on "propagation" . I just got him today. I dont want to frag him :D. I want him to successfully perpetuate and propagate on his own :D And was making sure there was nothing "specific" in order to do so...

Wasnt sure if it was a finger or a colt, it was kinda budded up like a colt, but my first assumption was a finger..

Yah, hopefully it isnt dyed. Are yellow fingers common? or a morph coloring, if so then it probably is dyed.. :/

·
Wrasseman!
1,835 Posts
In my experence dyed corals do not survive well under 50%. However if it does make it it will loose the color.You LFS should let you know that a coral is dyed before they sell it to you.
just like those blueberry tetras in freshwater or painted glass fish.
Randy

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Sorry, Mary has already posted this information

1 - 10 of 10 Posts