The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have read up on zoo fragging, and have gotten together the necessary supplies i think, and i am about to start fragging my yellow tentacle, yellow disc, yellow mouth zoos. i am hoping to guage interest in these little guys, so that i can determine how many frags to make.

i am happy to trade some of these to anyone who would like to trade me some other colorful zoos, mushrooms, or ricordia. i have more green and brownish zoos than i need, so i am hoping to find more in the blue, purple, pink, red ranges. the more colorful the better.

i am trying to figure out how many polyps to put on each frag. i was thinking around 5 would be a good number to trade. i have gotten single polyps from folks before, and they split fine, but it is a little slow, so i am thinking 4 or 5 would give folks a good number to grow out. my rock has 30 polyps on it, and i would want to keep at least 5 for myself, which means i can take 5 or 6 smaller frags for trading purpose if people are interested.

please post or pm if you have input on any of the above, especially on what is considered a fair number of polyps for trading purposes. i was considering trading single mushroom or ricordia polyps for a piece of lr with 4 or 5 zoos on it, or for a similar number of zoos from someone else.

any suggestions?

puntific: i owe you a frag, you interested in one of these so i can make sure to hold one aside for you?

ryan

· Registered
258 Posts
Yeah Ryan, I would like a frag of that.

My personal opinion on your zoo question is this: 5 polyps is fine for what I gave you. Similar numbers for zoo zoo trades are good. I would think 10 polyps would be equal to a 1 inch+ mushroom. In the end, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The best way is just to accurately represent what you are trading and let people make you offers!

Scott

· Registered
254 Posts
Not sure if you have it, but I have a pinkish reddish shroom on a rock I'd trade ya for some "yellow tentacle, yellow center, yellow mouth variety. also have lime green tentacle, light blue center, yellow/green mouth" If my orange shroom wasn't so small I'd try fragging that for ya. I think I have a stray purple one somewhere too, not sure what ya have. :) The only decent sized zoo populations I have are the ones I jus got from puntific and the yellow greenish skirt/brown ones.

· Nemo's Chamber Boy
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know you got some nice stuff you can hit me back with later when things grow out jeff. you are free to whatever colors i have that you need for whatever you are offering or on an iou basis. we just gotta get you up here at a time when i am around!

did you get orange/orange/orange from 2buck40 in april? if not mine are almost big enough to pull 2 or 3 off of. also i have some brown center with red tentacles that are growing well, the yellows, a few varieties of green, and some green tent blue disk dudes. you can see all thes when next yer up here. ill be sure to hold aside a yellow for you too though, as those are probably the only thing i have that i could get completely rid of.

· Registered
254 Posts
Haha, sign me up for some of each. I need something to spice up the allergy season. :) I spend all day in-doors. I think I might try and frag that orange shroom for ya. Lesse if I can stop sneezing for a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.