The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put one in my tank. He is little and has been swept into the prefilter twice. (fixing that today) I thought they were rock dwellers or in the gravel dwellers?:doh:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would venture to say that he is about 1.5 inches total

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I am with everyone else, mine both stay towards the bottom of the tank.

Good choice on the watchman Gobie, you will love it.

·
Cabana Boy
2,070 Posts
Will watchman gobys be fine with invertibrates like shrimp? I would like to get one and everywhere I checked, they are very vague. Do they need sand or can it be on cc? I am trying to figure out which is better, watchman gobies or yellowhead jawfish.

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
afbengochea said:
Will watchman gobys be fine with invertibrates like shrimp? I would like to get one and everywhere I checked, they are very vague. Do they need sand or can it be on cc? I am trying to figure out which is better, watchman gobies or yellowhead jawfish.
Watchman move around more.I think jawfish tend to be more shy and hide in their burrow

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
Yellow watchman gobies are fine with inverts like snails hermits and shrimp. They are a great little fish to have in the tank! They should be fine with crushed coral i know i had mine with crushed coral for a few months before i switched over to sand.

With the jawfish you will need sand they dont like the crushed coral.

Tim

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya I just swiched to sand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts