The Reef Tank banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have any pictures...I can try to take some tonight.

That is very interesting, I think I have the same situation, but mine is small, not very mature. Mine looks just like hers, even has the dark spots along the midsection.

It does perk up a little in the light (gets a little yellower). Also, it has been swimming a LOT more than before...I found it in my overflow box yesterday...lol...poor little guy was probably scared to death.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
yep mine will be pale in the morning and getting brighter as she is out and about. As long as it's eating and moving about I wouldnt be to concerned about it.

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
frankandmaura said:
Also, it has been swimming a LOT more than before...I found it in my overflow box yesterday...lol...poor little guy was probably scared to death.

Yeah most likely was really scared!!! The reason for the gobie swimming more is that she is getting used to your tank and feeling comfortable to move around.

Tim

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
frankandmaura said:
125 gallon...

Not much in it right now, just the goby, an anenome and some snails...but I plan to add more this week!! :D
In a 125 gallon you might be able to add another without running into problems. How long has this one been in your tank? Like i said before they can be aggressive to their own kind but in such a big tank might be able to get away with it.

Tim

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This one has been in there for about 3 weeks...

I won't add one if it may cause problems. I was just wondering if it might help to give it a mate. No need to stress it out more.

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
frankandmaura said:
This one has been in there for about 3 weeks...

I won't add one if it may cause problems. I was just wondering if it might help to give it a mate. No need to stress it out more.
In that size tank i dont think you will have any problems. If your tank was 29gallons or something small like that then you might run into some problems.

Tim

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Tim224DT said:
I bought mine as a pair from my LFS. Really there is no benefit of a pair vs they might mate and have babies.

Tim
I don't know Tim... Have you seen Watchmans by themselves as opposed to being in a pair. I think there is more personality when they are in a pair. Also seeing them paired up with a pistol shrimp is cool aswell.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
well let me tell you a little story about my watchmans. I purchased them as a pair from the LFS. When they were at the store they were always together, so it looked like a true pair. When I get them in my tank, they hate each other. A week goes by, and they are at opposite ends of the tank, and are not on "speaking" terms. A couple days later I add a pistol shrimp, and with in one hour the 2 watchmans and pistol are sharing the same hole.

It is hard to say if they will pair up or not, it might happen, or it might not. You don't have to have a pistol shrimp for them to pair up either. In fact the pistol and gobies might not even pair up.

So basically, there is no certain answer to the whole pairing thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts