The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a month or so I will be buying fish for my Aquapod. I've heard that Yellow Watchman Gobies have great personality. I never thought it was possible but I read that someone on here had a mated pair of them. My guess is that if I buy two then there's a good chance they won't get along well. Am I right? I really like the idea of mated pairs in my tank and I think the YWG's will contrast real well with my black and white clowns. Opinions? I don't really like Cardinals so much, but if anyone has another other suggestions of another nice fun and pairable species that's also nicely colored, I'd like to hear em.

I will be doing very frequent water changes in this Aquapod - probably 3-5 gallons twice a week, and I also have quite a heft clean up crew of hermits, margaritas, turbos and nassarius snails. The larger bio-load and more frequent work is worth it to me so I can have more fish.

Lemme hear some suggestions!

·
Registered
86 Posts
After seeing that photo of your yellow gobies I also think they are great and if I ever get this tank up and running I hope to get them also. They remind me of a fish I have seen snorkeling that burrows in the sand and peeks out when your flipper goes by and then goes back in the hole in the sand. But they weren't yellow. Beautiful photo!
Val

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
If I purchased watchman golbies would they fight with my midas blennie?
They would all be yellow.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I am with Tim on the gobies, they are great. When you get them, I suggest that you get them in pairs. Or if you get a pistol shrimp and 2 watchman, they would more than likely get together.
I just love my watchman gobies

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
So that water can flow through and the detritus does not build up in the stand.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thank you. Thats what I thought but I am just learning all this stuff:) I have terrible water movement in this Nano and stuff is built up on the sand just from the rock issues I've had.......( no critters yet). Any suggestions to get more movement..........I was thinking of adding another powerhead or two.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Val said:
Thank you. Thats what I thought but I am just learning all this stuff:) I have terrible water movement in this Nano and stuff is built up on the sand just from the rock issues I've had.......( no critters yet). Any suggestions to get more movement..........I was thinking of adding another powerhead or two.
I think a power head would a be a great idea. you could also look for a n eductor that would fit on your nano return line. That will really increase flow.
I have heard alot of people say that the nanos just don't have enough flow.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts