The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I've been reading your posts for awhile now and just signed on so I could post a question also.

I have what appears to be a healthy Yellow Tang, color, activity level, and appetite are all good. Now the problem one of his eyes is becoming cloudly looking, the other is fine. Is this a lead-on to sickness?

The tank is a 125 gal, 70 lbs live rock, protein skimmer, and the water tests well.:confused:

·
Registered
314 Posts
He may have scraped his eye on your rock

·
Registered
70 Posts
hey there! I had a yellow w/the same problem-I went to the lfs & got some med. You actually have to take the tang out of the tank to treat it-which is not so easy-but one treatment & it was all cleared up. The name of the med. is Eye Fungex, & i believe its made by Aquatronics. If this is what you have,(cloudy eye) I think its possible that is spreads to other fish. I liked the fact that you dont have to medicate the tank. anyway, hope this info helps some!

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Ahh Garlic I use it everyday on my fish with vitamins. Knock on wood I don't have any ICK problems or other problems like that!!! I think Clint is right try the garlic first, plus the other fish will eat it and they to will become healthier and stronger!! Atleast thats what I think.

CHEERS
:beer:
DERM

Oh welcome to TRT!!!:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
sounds funny but Melafix natural remedy has cured many a cloudy eye for me and it's safe with hardy corals
cheers!

·
Registered
585 Posts
At the shop we used to advise people to go to the store, they sell minced garlic in a jar. squeeze some of the juice out and add the juice to the food. Then you still have garlic for all those Italian foods, or really bad breath for the people you don't like LOL

Clint??? you put garlic pieces in your tanK?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts