The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yellow tang has little white spot on him , is not a dot its like a little ball or a cottage cheese looking spot , any ideas on what it could be ?
tank
4ft with 3 ft sump
nitrite 0
ammonia 0
nitrate 5
ph 8.4

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I kind of sounds like it might be the start of something, a picture would be helpful. Do not panic, most things will take care of themselves with good food and good water quality. What are you feeding? How is the tang acting?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Yellows like all other tangs are herbivores you need to get some veggies in that boy... I like the Nori strips and Ocean nutrition formula two frozen cubes. Your picuture didn't come through yet,

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
if it is MI, then its already in you main, its too late for a qt, moving him will just add more stress, what size of tank and what kind of tank mates. If you do not have the proper environment, as soon as you put him back in, he will outbreak again as it is in your main alive and living

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its that white dot on his fin , what should i do? , i have 2 occy clowns , yellow tailed damsel , bristle toothed tang , snails , hermit crabs ,

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Tangs stress very easy, so yes move him back. It is hard to tell by that picture, get one that is not so close. From that picture it looks like a grain of sand stuck to it. Just remember diet plays a big role in our fishes health, you would get sick really fast if we put you in a glass box and fed you nothing but potato chips. We will figure this out...

·
Registered
235 Posts
You're not just talking about the white spot on the start of the tail are you? I'm pretty sure that's just part of their coloration...I hope so anyway because mine has the same thing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts