The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tang has a weird looking eye, I don't remember seeing it before. I've had it for a week, but I've been very busy so today was my first time to sit and watch the tank. It didn't have it when I purchased it.

It looks like a cloudy-white film over part of the eye, the other eye looks fine.

Anyone have any advise or answers I'd be grateful.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sounds like cloudy eye to me
i think you can get stuff from the store that you can put in your tank to cure it

Im sure other TRT members have more information than me

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
Cloudy eye can be caused by a wound or by fungus or bacteria. It may clear up on its own without any medications. Hard to say without seeing it - - if the fish bumped in to something it can cause an issue.

HHC

·
ICH is work of the DEVIL
324 Posts
I had the same EXACT situation happen to me 6 months ago.... IMO medications either quickly kill your fish or kill other things like corals.

I did a FW dip:

get a bucket and fill with freshwater (RO bought at your LFS preferred), add a buffer to get to the same pH, get it to the same temp as tank (maybe 2 degrees hotter).... put the Tang in there and CHASE it around the bucket with your net (keep it constantly moving)

TIME IT FOR EXACTLY 60-90 SECONDS .... no more no less

FRESHWATER DIPS DO ABSOLUTE MIRACLES

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll work on a pic G, as far as the FW dip goes.... does anyone have any other thoughts on this matter. Any other ideas. Or any luck with meds.

Thanks for the posts guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts