The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am looking for some advice on feeding the yellow longnose butterfly fish. My tank has always been feeding on using the New life spectrum 1mm pellets and as always the fish are healthy and used to absolutely love it.

However recently I purchased a Yellow longnose butterfly despites all efforts it will just refuse to touch any of the pellets I put in and it will only takes the frozen mysid shrimp doesn't matter how long I try to starve him.

Now the problem of feeding the tank with mysid shrimp is that some of the long term NLS pellets feeder now refused to take them anymore.:mad::mad:

I want to know if anyone has a successful story on converting their YLN onto pellets?

thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard these guys are pretty tough to get to eat anything so I'd count yourself lucky that you got him eating frozen. I definitely wouldn't recommend starving him to get him interested in the pellets. Maybe mix the pellets together with the mysis (or whatever else you can get him interested in) and that will get him to take a taste?
I am have managed to slowerly introduce pellets to the fish by soaking it in water before feeding :) :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.