The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Go Cowboys!!!!!!
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im new and I just got a frag of a Yellow Colony Polyp. It's just a few polyps attached to each other, So I tied it to a piece of my live rock, in hope that it will attach itself to it. But I don't know how long to keep it there. Does anybody know how long I should keep it tied to the rock?

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
I have never fragged my polyps but xenia took about a week. If you put them in good flow it will help them attach faster but not to strong that they close up.

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
if your talking Parazoanthus Yellow Polyps then you can even cover them with a veil to keep them there or even glue them down. they are a colonial anemone, they basically eat zia Zooxanthellae. but you can feed them also if you like.just chop up the meaty food really good. once the start ot grow they such drop off there own little babies and soon you will have a bunch more

·
Go Cowboys!!!!!!
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help everyone. I had it tied for about a week in a spot with a low current. But i moved it into a spot wth a little bit higher current and ill leave it there for another week. Another question though. Will adding Kent Chromax Phytoplankton to the water help it grow faster???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Make sure you keep them away from anything you don't want covered with them
i let mine get away from me and im still trying to get them under control

·
Registered
175 Posts
I found that by feeding them, in my case, shrimp once a week got there population up. Now, I don't feed them at all to slow down their population growth. They catch whatever comes floating their way when I feed my fish.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Thanks for your help everyone. I had it tied for about a week in a spot with a low current. But i moved it into a spot wth a little bit higher current and ill leave it there for another week. Another question though. Will adding Kent Chromax Phytoplankton to the water help it grow faster???
Probably yes, but don't. No reason to feed the whole system when you can target feed these with visible sized food :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts