The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank is 55g and about a month old and i put about 35lbs of LR in it...i have only noticed Copes and amphi as hitchhikers but one day i saw a puff of yellow come from a little cavern area and was not able to see anything actually around the area...not sure if it darted away before i could see or if its just from the rock maybe? ive only read about white milky clouds so im not sure....thanks for any help and advice!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Something may have been trying to reproduce. It hard to say what it was without a picture, but if this is what happened it's definitely a good thing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just seen this agin for the second time and still didnt see any creature in the intimidate area....still a mystery

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
was it a small cloud that dissapated quickly? I used to have a limpit snail who would find an area in the tank with good flow and release gametes for a few minutes. It would do this regularly. Many snail species spawn like this.....Stomatella is one speccies that often reproduce in marine aquaria. They can be pretty sneaky too....hard to spot sometimes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have read about things spawning like that but ive only read about white clouds...maybe being white or yellow is just species specific...whatever it ends up being im sure its nothing bad haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts