The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i get to go on a field trip tomorrow :)

asia's school (1-2 grades) are going to the zoo tomorrow, and i get to tag along. taking the camera and video with me as well. i'll be sure ot get plenty of shots in the aquarium!

btw: toledo has on of the top 10 zoos in the country, its world known.. actually i think it's like second or third right after the san diego zoo.

right now, they have sigfreid and roy's white lions. and i think we still have the snow wolfs, as well as some white tigers on loan. we tend to always get some really cool, and rare, things because the zoo is so good.

anyway, time for beddy bye :)

see ya'all tomorrow!

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Jay;

When I used to go with the kids on field trips to the zoo (I have three so there have been numerous trips ;) )I used to tell the kids to behave themselves or they'd end up in the monkey cage.

So watch yourself! LOL

Going on field trips is great fun though..well, except there is always that one kid....

;)

Alice

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
grrrrrr. i had no idea it was intended for ME to also be a chaparone!!! uggghhhh calgon take me away!!!!!

luckily asia's class is only 16 kids, and 2 other parents went, as well as the teacher, so i only had to handle 4 kids. mine were all good for me, as they are asia's girlfriends, and have been to the house numerous times.

but, i also had no idea that it was zoo day for the entire public school system!!!!!! 1st and 2nd grade, as well as 6th-8th grades. from EVERY SCHOOL!!!! (we have 22 grade schools, and 15 middle schools) there were kids EVERYWHERE!

but we had a good time, didnt get to take as many pictures as i would have liked, since i was trying to keep my eye on the little ones. but the pics i did get are pretty cool. i'll psot them in a while.

i of course, had the most fun in the aquarium :D got pics of asia in front of a massive reef tank. another of her in front of a 4' long porcupine puffer. a massive trigger. lionfish the size of footballs, and more!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aquarium time!!!!

shark. this tank also had a black tipped reef shark about 6' long and yellow tailed damsels about 6" long, but i couldnt grab a pic, too quick, and kids all around.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
for referance, the school of chromis at the top, they are about 4-5" long each!!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
a HUGE porcupine puffer. i estimated him at about 4' long. this tank also housed an eel, that was about 6' and various other massive fish.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the pod of all pods!

this thing was no less than 18" long!!!

it was labeled as a deep sea amphipod.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hitchhiker from hell.

how'd you like to get this boy on a piece of live rock! :funny:

i think the size referance next to the kids speaks for itself!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.