The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a few kinds of xenia today i was wondering what minimum lighting they would need. will 4 110watt VHOs do the trick?? or do they need Mh?? i have both, i would rather them be under the VHO. just checking!

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
On a side note, I would not attach them to your main rockwork, you will never get rid of them. They spread like wild fire, if you want a nice colony put it towards the bottom of the rock you want it to attach to because it seems to only grown up.

·
Registered
284 Posts
anybody have a frag i can get? i love the pulsing

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Seems like regardless what lighting or where you put them they will keep spreading/crawling up towards the light. Just about the safest place to let it grow is on the back wall and can be easily peeled off with a razor blade when you grow sick of it or need to thin the heard......Trying to peel off of main structure doesn't always get everything and usually grows back from even the smallest fragment left behind...

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
darasy said:
anybody have a frag i can get? i love the pulsing

You should have asked me when you were here man, didn't you see the frags on the rack??? They are just sitting there with no real purpose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts