The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am new to this forum and have learned a lot. I got my salt tank a couple months ago and do regular water changes as well as water tests. Here is my question. I have added pulsing xenia to my tank the problem is, it doesn't pulse. What I have noticed is that instead of it looking like the little flowers in the store the flowers have grown really large and it tends to sway in the water instead of pulse. Its pretty but I really wanted it to pulse. Am I missing something? The temp as well as water tests are all ideal for the coral so I cannot figure out what I need to do. Any advice would be great!! Thank you

·
Export with Care!
6,789 Posts
It's one of those things that they will or won't for unknown reasons. Well none I have ever proven :) Mine pulse at random really. Tried different flows and lighting and even nutrient load. None resulted in long term pulsing. Mine didn't pulse even randomly for a few months of having them

·
Export with Care!
6,789 Posts
Mine actually never pulsed until I went BB.
Which is werid since the tank is cleaner now. Well maybe detritus is more available in the water column now

·
Export with Care!
6,789 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
So do you all prefer a BB tank with like a refugium over one with a substrait?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts