The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been working on this build since September and its finally up and running. I know most post as they are building but I didn't know how long it would actualy take me. But here it is.

Deminsions of DT = 60" x 18.5" x 21"
Sump = pro clear aquatics 125 with in sump skimmer
Refugium = 20 long with plexi baffels
Powerheads = 2 JBL 500gph oceanstreams running on the JBL ocean pulse duo, 2 maxijet 125 for flow behind the rock work.
Substrate = crushed coral
Live rock = roughly 50lbs ( I liked the minimal look here)
Lighting = 4 DIY led pendulum flood lights ( will be adding 2 blue actinic less soon)

That's where I'm at so far, its up and running, and just put my coral and fish in yesterday. Any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realy like the flow they give off! And with the pulse duo set at every 3 mins its great switching up the flow a bit. My fish love it!

·
Premium Member
3,852 Posts
Tank looks awesome. But, were gonna need more pics of everything :)
Also what kind of lights are those. They look sweet. What are you plans with the tank?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tank is set up with a mixed reef already. The fish I have are
Yellow salfin tang
Hippo tang
Clown
Strawberry pseudo
2 yellow tail damsels

What would you like to see pics of? The pic I posted was from a few weeks ago when I got the lights put up.

The lights are 50w epistar led chips. I bought the 50w led flood lights and changed out the less and driver in each one for 10k less. I then bought pendulum light kits from home depot and it all went together nicely. I'm very pleased with th and the coral love them. All my coral has open up more compared to the pc lights they were under.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so the tank and stand off of craigslist for 150 and I had to raise the stand to fit the sump in.
Here's before

And after

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's the whole set up now.

I don't have the sides and front on the stand yet but that will be all buttoned up

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh ya I painted the back of the tank a coral blue color
Here's the sump and refug

I'm also using an aqua lifter for the overflow u tube, it kept getting a bubble in it and lost siphon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts