The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a website that provides a wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)liverock option? I'm really picky about the size and shape of the pieces that I want in my tank because I'm an aquascaping mad man.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
menelaus22 said:
Does anyone know of a website that provides a wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)liverock option? I'm really picky about the size and shape of the pieces that I want in my tank because I'm an aquascaping mad man.
I have never head of this for live rock. If you find, I might be interested.
i doubt that it is out there though.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Since online retailers can stock thousands of pounds of rocks, it would be hard to take a picture and post each rock.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't know of any either. Can't find what you want at the LFS?

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
I've never heard of this for live rock online. I wouldn't trust the picture anyway, it's too hard to tell dimensions with a picture - I would want to see it firsthand before I bought it!

HHC

·
Registered
284 Posts
only saw this on ebay for like huge show pieces otherwise ive never seen it anywhere else

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
I'm an aquascaping mad man
A good aquascaper could find/produce beauty with what he was given:)

Seriously Though, Email Chad at ReefScience.Com. He might be able to accommodate you to a certain extent.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whatevva said:
A good aquascaper could find/produce beauty with what he was given:)

Seriously Though, Email Chad at ReefScience.Com. He might be able to accommodate you to a certain extent.

I'll respectfully, but wholeheartedly, disagree.

Especially in the nano circuit, I think people are far more likely to have that "pile of rocks" look unless they pick each piece individually. With nanos, it's important to use a bonsai philosophy in creating a really good looking tank.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
\. With nanos, it's important to use a bonsai philosophy in creating a really good looking tank.[/quote]

agreed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
How about an online/Brick and mortar retailer with live video cams in which you could see them hold up the live rock and talk with them live over the net?

See and talk with sales staff as you browse live webcams throughout the store.
See your livestock bagged as you watch.
.(Thirty days and this will be a reality.)
Look for a new virtual store as a sponsor on this site.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts