The Reef Tank banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this true?
i have a 29G and i plan to place a med-large rose anemone for my 2 future true percs.

please prove me wrong.
i have an api reefmaster test kit and i check water quality bi weekly and check add precip. water daily.

your thoughts?!

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
nah, but should only be undertaken if you are an advanced aquarist.. I had one in my 29 (green bubble tip) but it met it's fate with a powerhead one day... :(

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol i am not super experienced. i have only had a marine tank for 2 months now.

keep in mind... my gf gets mad because i use her macbook to read 2-5 hrs a day about reefkeeping + i'm a member of the tank reef.

so i should be ok right?

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
well, what do you mean the anemones are too small for the tank. I guess you mean the tank is too small for the anemones?

Also, there's not guarantee that the percs will take to a BTA, so keep that in mind.

·
originally original
975 Posts
If you're good with keeping the chemistry constant than I don't think so. If you're like me, and still learning the finer points of reef chemistry I'd say skip it for now.

My anemones (LTA and Condi) have been doing well in my 100gal for a while, but it's far more forgiving than a 29 gal. Why not start with a condi, so if it dies you're only out $10 or so? If it lives and grows you can trade it back when you feel like it.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,360 Posts
Ours does dominate the tank. It gets bigger than this in our 28g. Also, we had to let it get settled and that determines where all the rest of our corals and stuff could go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts