The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Depending on how picky you are with color: The really bright Yellow ones are pretty hard to come by and usually demand a pretty high price. It took me about 2 years to find just the right one locally that was exactly the bright yellow as wanted. I really didn't trust online and wanted to wait for just the right color that I could see before purchasing.

http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/ has them pretty regularly. Currently one for $40. This was the place I was going to try until I did stumble across the one I have.

I did purchase about 7 years ago online from flyingfish now Dr. FosterSmith that they called Yellow Figi and was more of a brownish/yellow not super bright yellow so definately beware if buying online.

I've had mine for about 12-18 months. Still not large enough yet for me to be comfortable trying to frag ( currently about 6-8" ). Some frag better than others so really want to make sure it is niced sized before trying. One of my buddies in Dallas almost lost his when fragging. Definately more tempermental than other softies when fragging.....

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
I got a nice big yellow one about two years ago.....It's BROWN now!:cry:

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Mine has been under T5s and VHOs and still bright yellow as the day I bought it. However, there is such a wide variety of them they get lumped into the "Sacrophyton Elegan" name so coloration is going to vary greatly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts