The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!!!

I am in the process of putting together a 125gl fish and live rock tank and am in need of some used lighting, a RO system, live rock and a good filtration system.

Anyone looking to unload some stuff or have some pointers for a n00b? I have a decent 39gl "reef" system going now and am hoping to put some triggers, etc in my new 125gl tank but I am definitely green. Any help is appreciated.

I am looking in to building my own sump system but I am not sure I am qualified to do so and might just buy a system if the price is right.

Thanks!

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Be careful on used RO equipment. If the membrane was not stored correctly it's ruined. Usually by the time you get all new filters for it you might as well have bought the whole thing new. thefilterguys.biz use all high quality filters with their units. Some non aquarium systems may look like a better deal but with lesser quality filters.

Sumps rarely do you need a custom job. Typically, you can make a stock glass tank into a suitable sump just need to drill it for bulkheads if necessary but can save considerable money vs. custom acrylic.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
</TD><TD width=427><DL><DT> <DT>$195.00 - OCEAN REEF + 2 SIX STAGE 75 GPD RO/DI </DT></DL>
  • All systems are made to order with clear 10" canister housings
  • Stage One 5 micron poly sediment filter
  • Stage Two 5 Micron Matrikx NSF rated CTO/2 Workhorse carbon block
  • Stage Three 0.6 Micron Matrikx NSF rated chlorine guzzler carbon block
  • RO membrane 75 GPD Dow Filmtec
  • Stage Five refillable cartridge with color-changing DI resin
  • Stage Six refillable cartridge with color-changing DI resin
  • 100 PSI pressure gauge
  • Auto shut-off
  • Membrane flush valve
  • Quick connect fittings
  • Your choice of connection options to a water supply
  • Filter wrench
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>I got this from tito.....dont need it....$100

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Sorry about the over sized post....just came out that way.
it was used......you should be good for setting up the new tank (500gal), but then id get new filters.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BUMP!

Thanks for the feedback and messages! I am also looking for a good place to buy about 120lbs of white sand as well. Petco has 10# bags of it but I'd have to drive to 5 different stores to get the quantity I need. Premier Pets in Ramsey has 30lb bags of the "vanilla" type sand but I am having trouble finding larger bags or the white variety... any tips?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
374 Posts
The stuff I bought from PP in Ramsey looks off white, but once it is in the tank it is very white. They were 30# bags, and it is just larger particles than sugar sand.

But that was 2 years ago, so I don't know what they have now.

·
Reef Society Duluth/Mpls
1,033 Posts
Jump on the RO/DI it's my product and a heck of a buy and I can tell you it's almost new. We can fix you up with DI refills.

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Troma said:
BUMP!

Thanks for the feedback and messages! I am also looking for a good place to buy about 120lbs of white sand as well. Petco has 10# bags of it but I'd have to drive to 5 different stores to get the quantity I need. Premier Pets in Ramsey has 30lb bags of the "vanilla" type sand but I am having trouble finding larger bags or the white variety... any tips?

Thanks again!

I have a couple buckets full of south down I am not planning on using. However, the sand was used, so you will probably want to rinse it out. LMK if you are interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts