The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So getting to the stage where I need to get a heater for the 220 so I can get it going. Needs to be able to heat a total water volume of about 300g. I am thinking that titanium will be the way to go, unless anyone can tell me otherwise. Any ideas on wattage and/or brand, single versus mulitple heaters... etc. etc etc. I do have a ranco dual stage temp controller that will be used in conjunction with the heater(s).

Thanks,
Mary

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Mary I am partial to titanium heaters and using two of smaller wattage provides the best redundancy. Probally 2 150w heaters would be best.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really, for 300 gallons? I was under the assumption that I would need more in the realm of 2x300. Two by 150 will be alot easier though (on the pocket book that is). Any reccomendations brand-wise?

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Won Pro-heat is what I use. And yes with that water volume 2 250 or 300w might be better.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
I have a 500 watt non controllable aqua medic Titanium on about 250 gallons and it works great. I have it running off of a Medusa 2 stage controller, but aqua medic makes a cheaper controller to compliment the heater

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already have a controller but I was kinda wondering about those aquamedic titaniums.. you like it Steve?

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Mine was 325g tank with an 70g sump. I used 2 titanium won heaters. One was a 300w the other a 350w. Tank was located in the basement and didn't have any issues with low tank temps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts