The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a gen-x 40 that they would consider selling? I'm looking for something that can do 400-500 GPH at 14' and won't break the wallet. Thanks.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
genx are pretty noisy I just hit up a 55 and it is loud.

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
If it's 14' head. Sounds like it won't be in the same room anyway so noise probably not a big deal. Mak4 is one of my favorites and haven't found it to be all that noisey you mostly just hearing the fan. However, as they age they can start to get more noisey.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Good to know....sorry to mislead. I may be getting extra noise as the penductors cause a lot of back preassure.

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="10%" rowSpan=4></TD><TD width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD colSpan=2 height=12>
</TD><TD width="12%" rowSpan=4> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=boldbigblue width="29%" height=11>WP-PW40PX-T-115</TD><TD width="48%">
Price $108.99​
</TD></TR><TR><TD rowSpan=2>Pan World 40 PX Compact Magnetic Drive Pump. 474 gph max flow at 0 head feet....more</TD><TD height=42>
<FORM name=CustomCart_3_ATC_2081770 action=/customaquatic/brandsubcategory.asp?brandid=PW&subcatID=wp-aq method=post><INPUT type=hidden value=2081770 name=CustomCart_3_ID_Add> <INPUT size=4 value=1 name=CustomCart_3_Quantity_Add> <INPUT type=image alt="Click here to add this item to your cart." src="http://www.customaquatic.com/customaquatic/newbar6.gif" value="Add To Cart" border=0 name=CustomCart_3_ATC> </FORM>​
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Like NEW...got it from tito....$80

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
oyam123 said:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="10%" rowSpan=4></TD><TD width="1%" rowSpan=4></TD><TD colSpan=2 height=12>

</TD><TD width="12%" rowSpan=4></TD></TR><TR><TD class=boldbigblue width="29%" height=11>WP-PW40PX-T-115</TD><TD width="48%">
Price $108.99​

</TD></TR><TR><TD rowSpan=2>Pan World 40 PX Compact Magnetic Drive Pump. 474 gph max flow at 0 head feet....more</TD><TD height=42>
<FORM name=CustomCart_3_ATC_2081770 action=/customaquatic/brandsubcategory.asp?brandid=PW&subcatID=wp-aq method=post><INPUT type=hidden value=2081770 name=CustomCart_3_ID_Add> <INPUT size=4 value=1 name=CustomCart_3_Quantity_Add> <INPUT type=image alt="Click here to add this item to your cart." src="http://www.customaquatic.com/customaquatic/newbar6.gif" value="Add To Cart" border=0 name=CustomCart_3_ATC> </FORM>​

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Like NEW...got it from tito....$80

How is that going to produce 400-500gph at 14 feet like he is looking for?

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
I think maybe David (oyam) has it cleaned up already. He is a fan of that skimmer. Nice observation David....you coming next tues?

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
smeese said:
Nice observation David....you coming next tues?
Me or the other David? I would like to since I missed your last one as well BUT......that is National Night out and we are the hosts for our neighborhood so I have help get ready for it.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
I was talking to you. Bummer, if plans change i hope you can make it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
madscientist said:
Thanks for finding that one. I had found it right around the time I posted and have contacted the op. I appreciate the effort. :agree:

Smeese- I've heard several times that the pump is loud but how would you rate it. It's going to be in the same room as my computer so noise I'm interested in getting an idea of the noise level. That said, my computer isn't quiet. In total, I'm running 7 fans on my computer, five 80mm, one 120mm, and one 40mm.

If anyone has suggestions for other pumps that can put out similar flow at 10-11', I'm all ears.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts