The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for any flourescent green or green with pink tips frogspawn. either frags (medium sized) or colonies. I am also looking for different types of Xenia's, currently I have white pom pom's, pink, and silver brached, aynything else that is in the area I would be interested in. I dont have anything to trade at this point as my tank is in the begining stages of being stocked. I will pay for reasonable requests or accept free donations (haha);) . I am trying to stock my aquarium with only locally fragged corals if possible so that I am not purchasing any coral straight from the ocean.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Josh can you make it to the next meeting? May 6th 2pm my house, if you can I have a bunch of xenia, and a frogspawn that I can frag up. I would give you the colony but I have a frag promised to someone in the eau claire club.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Others have probably already offered you this, but I have a big, nice brown Xenia that folks around here call X. elongata. You are welcome to some.

I have a branching hammer coral (looks almost like a torch coral though), that has nice green tips. You are welcome to some of that as well.

There are lots of other things I could frag as well. No charge.

It sounds like you might have some Xenia that are not common in the club, and that I don't have. I'd love frags of those at some point if you have any to spare. I have the large brown sort described above, as well as a sort that was called "Red Sea Xenia" when I bought it. Others call it pink Xenia sometimes I think. It is a very strong-pulsing sort. Your "silver-branched" and "white" Xenia sound interesting. And who knows, maybe your "pink" Xenia is different too?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mary, I would love to attend the meeting but will have to see what my work schedule is looking like for that weekend. Thanks for the offers.

Capman, yes I would definately be interested in some of the brown Xenia and just curious do you have any pics of it? I will take some pics of the xenia that I have so far so that you and others can see if they have some already. I believe that they are all fairly common though. As soon as they start growing out a little more I would glady pass some frags on to you if they are kinds you are interested in or do not already have. I would also love to see your tank and the inhabitants you have in it.

Thanks Everybody for the replies and kindred spirits of sharing, I really appreciate it.
Josh

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
jquigley78 said:
Capman, yes I would definately be interested in some of the brown Xenia and just curious do you have any pics of it? I will take some pics of the xenia that I have so far so that you and others can see if they have some already. I believe that they are all fairly common though. As soon as they start growing out a little more I would glady pass some frags on to you if they are kinds you are interested in or do not already have. I would also love to see your tank and the inhabitants you have in it.
Some pictures of the "Xenia elongata" can be seen in this thread: http://thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67548

Incidentally, in recent years I have only heard of people in the club having two different types of Xenia, so if you have 3 distinct types, at least one of them is certain to be new for me. I posted a message awhile back looking for additional types, and no-one seemed to have any types other than the two I already had. SO, I'm excited to hear that you have at least one different one.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Capman,
I believe that what I was told my silver branching Xenia is, it is actually the same as your elongata but under my lighting a little more to the bluish/actinic side because of the slight color shift. What I need to decipher though is between my pom pom xenia which is quite white and the pink xenia I just received which is definately more pink than white. I wonder if it will turn more whiteish though with more light. The pink xenia however does not pulse as rapidly as the pom pom or the elongata though. I will post some pics when I get a chance this weekend and maybe you and the club can help identify them. Is that rose anemone in your gallery a bubble tip just stretched out? I am looking for a split of a rbt if you know of any of them around or in the club.

Thanks,
Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts