The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering 2 150w double ended XM metal halides for my 75g(no supplement just the halides). This would replace my 400w PC's. The wattage is less but the bulbs would be double ended and more intense. My feeling is that yes it would be a major upgrade but I would like some feedback. I know what my options are in terms of going bigger but I want to explore this option first.

G

·
yes i would condier that am great upgrade!and if you like the bluer look youll be more than happy...

·
Registered
658 Posts
If it's possible, I'd look into adding the halides 'in addition' to the PC lighting.

When I got my 250w halide, I kept my 220w of PC lights over the tank also, but switched out the daylight PC bulbs I had for actinic 03's.

In your case, the color may be a bit too blue for your liking, so you may wish to add in some more white... the bonus is more wattage = more usable light for the corals, without getting rid of what you already have.

Going from PC to halide is definitely an upgrade though, even if it is a slight decrease in wattage... you're gonna love the shimmer. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.