The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would epoxy work to seal the seams on a 410 gallon besides silicone? Anything else to make the sucker rock solid and leak proof? I don't really care if it's ugly as it is at the back of the tank?

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
i do not know, but i would doubt it.

is one seam leaking? some LFS can do tank repairs. it usually requires taking the entire tank apart and reglueing. but some seams are easy to get to.

if not i would be happy to take it off your hands:D i know of somebody who would love to have a sting-ray tank.:rolleyes:

in your area there has got to be someplace that can reseam a tank.

G~

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you know of anyone locally in the Atlanta area that will reseal a tank, I'd love to know. It's hard to find anyone to do it. Any idea on what kind of pricing I am looking at?

The tank is leaking. The seam is split where the two pieces of glass meet in the corners and where the overflow meets the glass. I'm thinking the glass will need to be completely removed and then resealed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We may decide to sell it. If you're interested in purchasing it, PM me with your name and number and if it turns out we decide to sell it, I'll give you a call. The tank does need to be resealed though, just so you know. It will also need to be moved. It weighs approx. 900 lbs.

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
this is a list of the aquarium shops in Atlanta. i have not lived there in a while. the shop i used to go to all of the time was The Fish Store and More. i know they do drilling, they may also make custom tanks. if they do not do it, i am sure they would know who could.

hopefully, someone from the area will chime in.

HTH,

G~

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just called the guy that a lot of people have recommended and he said he wouldn't do it. He said it was too much liability. :(

No idea what we're going to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts