The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was examing my new colt coral and noticed on the rock it came with that there was a worm looking thing red in color with lots of legs crawling around. I am wondering if any body can tell me what in the heck it might be.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Maybe a bristle worm! They have a row of bristles on each side of their body full length and you don't want to touch them with your bare hands. It will not feel real good!!;)

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
If you DO touch it and it IS a bristleworm, use Elmers White School Glue on it... Wait for it to dry and peel it off... It will remove the bristles...

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
for the most part they are good. there are a couple that are not. i had a link that i was going to give you, but can not find it now. the bad one i remember is pretty easily recognized. its body is red from tip to top, and along each side are white hairs. they are only bad due to the size they get, and can become predatory, plus if you ever touch one of those hairs. ouch!!

HTH,

G~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.