456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ok, I know the drill:
  • bristle worms are not harmful
  • bristle worms are great detrivores
  • The numbers will pare back if there's less detritus
  • I've always just ignored the bristle worms in MY tank
  • etc., etc...
So no point in posting just to tell me I'm on the wrong track with this. I have a LOT of bristle worms. I want the population lowered.

The arrow crab either isn't eating them, or just won't be able to possibly keep up with them...

shrimps? wrasses? cormorants? trained otters? Help!:help:
What are great bristle worm hunters?

-Ron

·
Too Busy Fishy
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HFG said:
siphon them out :)
yes, yes... there IS that...

But what if... oh this is so horrible... but what IF... some teeny part of me... wants to see them torn into tiny pieces and eaten alive?
NOT saying that's the case, mind you... but IF....

:bigeek:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
thegrimreefer said:
yes, yes... there IS that...

But what if... oh this is so horrible... but what IF... some teeny part of me... wants to see them torn into tiny pieces and eaten alive?
NOT saying that's the case, mind you... but IF....

:bigeek:
I got a 6 inch Clown Trigger you can borrow. He should put on a good show!!

·
Too Busy Fishy
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HFG said:
Tweezers + brain + wriggling fireworm = sadistic fun

HTH
This reminds me of a scene from Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan :agree:

Mmmmm Ceti Eels...

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
ok ron what the heck is that!

and if you can borrow a trigger for a week or so it would be a cool fish in the tank for a few dayas anyways. but the other fish would have to be put in a different tank. or that trigger would be a well fed trigger. ha ha ha

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Watching by big tomato clown eat a bristle worm was one of the funniest things that I had ever seen. Just think of the scene with the hot sauce from dumb and dumber. I don't think that I have a single one in my tank right now as my coral banded shrimp I believe decimated them. He is the only thing that comes to mind of why they are gone. If you get a few you want to part with let me know I would like a couple.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
redwinger said:
Watching by big tomato clown eat a bristle worm was one of the funniest things that I had ever seen. Just think of the scene with the hot sauce from dumb and dumber. I don't think that I have a single one in my tank right now as my coral banded shrimp I believe decimated them. He is the only thing that comes to mind of why they are gone. If you get a few you want to part with let me know I would like a couple.
thats funny. some one wanting bristol worms. i bet that was funny watching the clown kind of freak out.

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Shaking back and forth violently and trying to gag it out was comical. The worm was crawling up the rocks and I blew it off with a turkey baster just to see if she would go after it and well of course she did. LOL I miss the worms as they are great detrivores and have never seen them kill anything or disturb any thing in the tank except a stupid hungry fish....

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
LOL I believe the creators of ST modeled that creature off of the ant-lion. I spent a summer in Texas and would keep ant-lions in jars. Pure pleasure feeding them!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
thegrimreefer said:
shrimps? wrasses? cormorants? trained otters? Help!:help:
What are great bristle worm hunters?

-Ron
I enjoy your sense of humor! I got a kick out of the cormorants and otters.

·
Registered
894 Posts
thegrimreefer said:
This reminds me of a scene from Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan :agree:

Mmmmm Ceti Eels...
:agree: That was a wicked scene!!!!!:lol:

·
Registered
894 Posts
HFG said:
Tweezers + brain + wriggling fireworm = sadistic fun

HTH

Although this sounds like fun to me too (shhhh don't tell anyone), we have a 6-line Wrasse that makes a feast of the bristleworms if he finds any!:drool: :drool: YUM!!!

- Dawn

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
someone was selling 10 of these bristle worms on ebay for 20 bucks. LOL

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I had an coral banded a stiped back dottback and a royal grama. between the three they wiped out my BW population thats why iI had none until a couple weeks ago.

I have the royal gramma if anyone is interested in him. swap for a frag or?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts