The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is our views on what we need to change. Havre feel free to jump in and modify these. I don't have the email you sent me with your thoughts on these but I know we are pretty darn close.

1. Lets just have fun again!:thumbup:

2.We will have a separate forum for selling only. If this cannot be done, selling is only done in MO. If you are in any way shape or form associated with a business in the hobby you must have a discount. If this rule is broken it is deleted. You are more than welcome to repost but until it is done right the post will be removed. Clear cut and to the point. Any whining on this issue will be met with a bucket of southdown sand in the mail and a hammer. This commercial rule applys at the hinting of selling. Examples commercial member mentions that he has a bunch of salt and can't and can't remember who wanted it. The intent is there to sell and no discount is listed. Post removed. Or corals for sale all prices with tcmas discount. Price needs to be listed and then the discount. Individual sellers. If you are going to sell something you must have a price on it. No make a offer post's. List the price. It takes 6-7 extra keystrokes to do so:) . No price No thread. The reason for the seperate forum in the MO is to encourage more people to stay active within the club. It should be a privlage to have access to the MO.

3.OT post's: Since there are a select few that have absolutelly no sense of humor. There will be no jokes, Friday funnies, I am selling my coin collection, political discussion's, global warming debates etc. Gregt doesn't need the whining and the moaning associated with it and neither do we plus we don't want to see someone get banned over a steve yzerman tu tu and what transpires from it. There will also be no kidding around with others. No more making fun of the packers, red wings, vikings, dereks water change regimen, dirk's dungeon.:funny: Even though the people doing the ribbing are fine with it someone will surelly be offended by it. It sucks that it has to be that way but I would hate to see someone get banned for it. OKAY I AM BEING SARCASTIC BUT YOU GET THE DRIFT:freak: My whole point is some people need to lighten up.:D See rule #1:idea:.

4. The TCMAS roster will be cleaned up within the first month. A email
will be sent out to everyone on the current roster. You must respond to this email within 2 weeks. If not you will be removed from the roster. There will also be a thread in the MO forum for you to respond to if you never recived the email. This thread being in the MO forum will only allow current members to view and members who may not be on the list to respond accordingly. You must attend at least one meeting every six months to stay active on the roster. People who held meetings in the past are exempt from this rule. We shall continue with the two meeting a month format whenever nesc.

5. Meetings will still be held twice a month and two frag swaps a year. I will allways be glad to hold one swap a year. A meeting will consist of a notice to the club officers of the intent. If you elect to restrict the amount of members who can attend that is understandable. Everyone does not have the room to have oodles and oodles of people invade their house. But it still gives you the oppurtunity to have a few people over and show off your beautiful tank. Have a meeting you have the access of the MO forum for life.

6. Anyone acting hostile to another member will be dealt with accordingly. No flaming. Websters has a good definition on it if you have questions on a flame. Joking around with members is fine(remember rule#1) but when it is beligerant than it will be removed.

Havre and I are not rule oriented guy's but we need a few of them to get this back on track and appease the masses. :thumbup:

Scott feel free to add to this. If anyone has questions or wants to debate these issues, send us a PM, do not respond to this thread. I would like to keep this clean for people to reference to when needed.

·
1,035 Posts
Dungeon for sale?

Like, someone was looking for a dungeon. I don't remember who it was. This is trying to find him/her. If found for Tcmas members only there is a 1% discount.
How is that?

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you listed a price for the dungeon you would be covered then IMO:D

·
Anti-Acan Activist
2,579 Posts
how about a 18+ enter at your own risk forum under the MO setion?? The only way to be admitted is via a consent form signed at a meeting after checking IDs to verify age. Make it so that anything goes with the exeception of commercial or sale posts in which we use the rules as mentioned. Baically a forum for friday funnies, joking, debating, ribbing etc..... Upon siging he agreement there is NO WHINNING to the mods or anyone about the content in that forum. It is ENTER AT OWN RISK!!!! YOU MAY BE OFFENDED!!!! If you whine to a mod or anyone else about it you will be given a warning and if you continue to whine then you will be banned :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
trodder said:
how about a 18+ enter at your own risk forum under the MO setion?? The only way to be admitted is via a consent form signed at a meeting after checking IDs to verify age. Make it so that anything goes with the exeception of commercial or sale posts in which we use the rules as mentioned. Baically a forum for friday funnies, joking, debating, ribbing etc..... Upon siging he agreement there is NO WHINNING to the mods or anyone about the content in that forum. It is ENTER AT OWN RISK!!!! YOU MAY BE OFFENDED!!!! If you whine to a mod or anyone else about it you will be given a warning and if you continue to whine then you will be banned :)
Great Idea Tom! But i wonder if TRT/Greg would allow it? We will have to check and see. Maybe not a signed form but one of those waivers as you enter that warns you of content and makes you click a box that says you are over 18??

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
trodder said:
Ideally I would love this but this is up to gregt.:)

·
Anti-Acan Activist
2,579 Posts
I figure that if we do actual forms than we do actual ID verification without having to get to difficult were you have to use a credit card etc to do age verfication... know what I mean? Less work from Greg may make it a more viable option. Greg, this may be the answer to your prayers about our flambouyant personalities... baiscally put us in a cage and rattle it!!! :D

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
I'm telling you ...there will be a lesbian forum after all :lol:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
trodder said:
I figure that if we do actual forms than we do actual ID verification without having to get to difficult were you have to use a credit card etc to do age verfication... know what I mean? Less work from Greg may make it a more viable option. Greg, this may be the answer to your prayers about our flambouyant personalities... baiscally put us in a cage and rattle it!!! :D
On second thought....even though this is a good idea...it will probably complicate things further....Lets just have this..
1- A main forum open to the general public. Where aquarium related subjects are only topics.
2- For sale forum open to members who have hosted.
3- Ot forum open to all members with a post at the beginning that says if you are offended by hockey and football players in womens undies than stay out!

For further details on these look at Johns post at the top.

·
KILLER OF HA
1,659 Posts
I have been trying to stay out of this but one thing that might bother alot imo is rule number 2 of above post sale forum for members who hosted only. that would limit alot of people but would inspire people to host. the two a month meetings. this statem,ent is not to get anyone mad just to make people think. I'm be back in hiding again, lol

p.s. i think the other rules are great. i'm just noob in since i'm been around for only a couple of years.

·
Anti-Acan Activist
2,579 Posts
I'm telling ya man.... A wide open forum with no modding and no whinning..... that will solve most of our issues. People can rip each other apart all they want and it will be out of the public eye and everyone gets to make a personal choice to see the explicit content or not. If people have things to say they are going to say it. Why not give them a more appropriate outlet to say it??? That way instead of people saying wanna step outside... they can say wanna step into the "Cage" (18+ FORUM.)

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
trodder said:
I'm telling ya man.... A wide open forum with no modding and no whinning..... that will solve most of our issues. People can rip each other apart all they want and it will be out of the public eye and everyone gets to make a personal choice to see the explicit content or not. If people have things to say they are going to say it. Why not give them a more appropriate outlet to say it??? That way instead of people saying wanna step outside... they can say wanna step into the "Cage" (18+ FORUM.)

I highly doubt gregt would allow a forum like that. Even with waivers signed and age verification. It is opening up a whole can of worms. Don't get me wrong, I think it would be fun. However could pose a liability to TRT.

·
A goof
2,923 Posts
I have been trying to stay out of TCMAS stuff for many personal reasons, many, I don't have that much time to devote to the club so I am only barely a member. I love the concept of a say what you want area, but.... it is easy to say and do stuff and offend or piss off people without knowing that you did. At least if you are in person the other person has the option of belting you if you piss him off too much :D. Some topics could really ruffle feathers and divide the group.

Just my 2 cents

·
Anti-Acan Activist
2,579 Posts
Minnreefer said:
I have been trying to stay out of TCMAS stuff for many personal reasons, many, I don't have that much time to devote to the club so I am only barely a member. I love the concept of a say what you want area, but.... it is easy to say and do stuff and offend or piss off people without knowing that you did. At least if you are in person the other person has the option of belting you if you piss him off too much :D. Some topics could really ruffle feathers and divide the group.

Just my 2 cents
I agree... it seems VERY EASY to offend people (without knowing you did) which makes us all have to walk on eggshells... I think it is kind of ridiculous. MOST OF US ARE ADULTS HERE.... so the sticks and stones bit is a little over-sensitive guys don't you think. If you offend easy then if you reach a part of a thread that you don't like then stop reading. Nobody is forcing you to read on. Better yet... act like a grown up that has not been so sheltered that anything besided "church talk" so to speak offends you. Ohhh wait.... is the term "Church Talk" offensive to anybody???? I am sure someone will complain about that at this point but how else to convey how infantile & petty the complaints are getting. What happened to when we used to be able to have some fun on this board??? Flmaing is not flaming unless it is done with the intent to harm verbally or mentally... not when two or more people are having fun with one another. But now we have to make this forum strictly about fish & reef related without going even remotely off topic. Everything has to be factual with nothing that can become a debate or someone will go to a mod to have it removed and warnings issued until that person or people are banned. Do you who complain so much really live your life so seriously that you can never have fun??? I would feel sorry for your firends, family, kids, etc... They all must walk on eggshells too so you don't send them into exile. A question for those who take life so seriously... Do you ever laugh or even smile???? Is this offending you now because I am trying to see things in your perspective?? Are you offended simply because you and I are made from a different mold? Are you offended because socially acceptable has two totally different boundries between you and I???? Are you offended because you expected this to be a cookie cutter world where everybody is always really nice and on their best behavior???? Are you offended because I am calling you out to answer these questions... because I am hoping to get a little honesty out in the open and not PMs to mods behind people's backs instead of confronting the issue with the person you have an issue with... You may judge the character of people like me and Redwinger, & Havre and whomever else you find offense as being shady or dishonorable characters... but I have been raised to believe people who talk behind other people's backs and are to weak to confront others with their problems or whatever are shady characters. SO where does that leave us????? Obviously there is a great divide between us. Does that mean because you say so I don't belong here? Is this forum not big enough for the two of us. Us two UNIQUE individuals? What makes you so much better than us? Are we just low-class to you? Are you really so self-richeous as to believe that because your humor is not mine, that mine does not belong in the public eye???

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well said Thomas:thumbup:

·
Anti-Acan Activist
2,579 Posts
Honestly I feel like we should rename the rules as the ten TCMAS MO forum commandment.. any help on creating the list??? lets start here...

1. Thou shalt not have an opinion
2. Thou shalt not embrace humor in any form
3. Thou shalt not speak gregT's name in vein
4. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors tank
5. Thou shalt not have fun
6. Thou shalt not photoshop any TCMAS members or their respective favorite sports teams star player inlcuding but not limited to Steve Y in a pink tutu, especially while committing acts of sin mentioned in commandments 1,2 & 5

·
Anti-Acan Activist
2,579 Posts
by the way Greg the 3rd commandment was not intended to take a shot... it is just fitting since you are God of TRT :)

·
Got Crabs?
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thomas see rule #3:funny:

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
redwinger said:
Here is our views on what we need to change. Havre feel free to jump in and modify these. I don't have the email you sent me with your thoughts on these but I know we are pretty darn close.

1. Lets just have fun again!:thumbup:

2.We will have a separate forum for selling only. If this cannot be done, selling is only done in MO. If you are in any way shape or form associated with a business in the hobby you must have a discount. If this rule is broken it is deleted. You are more than welcome to repost but until it is done right the post will be removed. Clear cut and to the point. Any whining on this issue will be met with a bucket of southdown sand in the mail and a hammer. This commercial rule applys at the hinting of selling. Examples commercial member mentions that he has a bunch of salt and can't and can't remember who wanted it. The intent is there to sell and no discount is listed. Post removed. Or corals for sale all prices with tcmas discount. Price needs to be listed and then the discount. Individual sellers. If you are going to sell something you must have a price on it. No make a offer post's. List the price. It takes 6-7 extra keystrokes to do so:) . No price No thread. The reason for the seperate forum in the MO is to encourage more people to stay active within the club. It should be a privlage to have access to the MO.

3.OT post's: Since there are a select few that have absolutelly no sense of humor. There will be no jokes, Friday funnies, I am selling my coin collection, political discussion's, global warming debates etc. Gregt doesn't need the whining and the moaning associated with it and neither do we plus we don't want to see someone get banned over a steve yzerman tu tu and what transpires from it. There will also be no kidding around with others. No more making fun of the packers, red wings, vikings, dereks water change regimen, dirk's dungeon.:funny: Even though the people doing the ribbing are fine with it someone will surelly be offended by it. It sucks that it has to be that way but I would hate to see someone get banned for it. OKAY I AM BEING SARCASTIC BUT YOU GET THE DRIFT:freak: My whole point is some people need to lighten up.:D See rule #1:idea:.

4. The TCMAS roster will be cleaned up within the first month. A email
will be sent out to everyone on the current roster. You must respond to this email within 2 weeks. If not you will be removed from the roster. There will also be a thread in the MO forum for you to respond to if you never recived the email. This thread being in the MO forum will only allow current members to view and members who may not be on the list to respond accordingly. You must attend at least one meeting every six months to stay active on the roster. People who held meetings in the past are exempt from this rule. We shall continue with the two meeting a month format whenever nesc.

5. Meetings will still be held twice a month and two frag swaps a year. I will allways be glad to hold one swap a year. A meeting will consist of a notice to the club officers of the intent. If you elect to restrict the amount of members who can attend that is understandable. Everyone does not have the room to have oodles and oodles of people invade their house. But it still gives you the oppurtunity to have a few people over and show off your beautiful tank. Have a meeting you have the access of the MO forum for life.

6. Anyone acting hostile to another member will be dealt with accordingly. No flaming. Websters has a good definition on it if you have questions on a flame. Joking around with members is fine(remember rule#1) but when it is beligerant than it will be removed.

Havre and I are not rule oriented guy's but we need a few of them to get this back on track and appease the masses. :thumbup:

Scott feel free to add to this. If anyone has questions or wants to debate these issues, send us a PM, do not respond to this thread. I would like to keep this clean for people to reference to when needed.
I will get number 4 done for the September meeting. I'll include the note in the title of the email, then the next group will be set. :cool: Unfortunately the club stuff is quite toasted so the email through the club site is what's left. I never thought I'd have to get a safe deposit box for the club stuff! :mad:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts