The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Questions Galore....
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So will increasing my water volume cause a cycle? Im going to be building a sump/refugium out of a 30 gallon long tank, the sump I have now is just under 10 gallons, is there anything I should worry about when increasing the volume of my water?

·
Questions Galore....
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah im going to be using RO water for sure, I already learned the hard way by using tap water to set up my tank in the first place, I was actually goning to use real sea water the LFS out here gets it out in catalina island, what is the opinons on using real sea water?

·
Registered
96 Posts
The posters above don't have experience with Catalina water. It is good stuff and won't cause any of the gloom and doom. It is an excellent water source and I don't know anyone in SoCal that has had a problem with it. I used it for years without any issues.

·
Questions Galore....
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Avaldes everybody ive talked to around town says they havent had any problems with but almost everybody no has an RO/DI filter now and dosent use it any more, a couple people still use it though, yeah im making a bigger sump to increase water volume and add a refugium im using the live sand in a bag and was worried about that also starting a cycle, I know it says no cycle but I dont trust it, ive never used it, im gonna start another thread right now asking about it see what kind of feed back I get on it, thanks everybody for your time and info

1 - 11 of 11 Posts