The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all. Guess it is an old submarine skill, but if a fan goes out or any other noise stops I wake up ready to go.

in the low single digits out. Might just cruise past zero the bad way.

Wood burner is going and I have stuff staged for Denise to get ready. Power back on at 6 am is the latest estimate.

I need to get a cowboy coffee pot to make some on the wood stove. Have a great day.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Drove up north to get a coffee. Looks like a good part of the state is out. Latest update is 7 am. It is -4 now.

I can work on the house with sunshine.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,036 Posts
Top of the morning Bro, and All pulling up a chair around the Training Table with us today.....HAPPY WEDNESDAY!
Ohhhhh I so know where Y'r coming from......'Have a pillow fight next to me.....snore snore......let Jen turn off Her C-PAP machine thingy, BAM, up straight n looking around.'.

Another 'thing' was......("Wasn't till I met Jen, and WARNED HER about it, and still took a couple years of Her calmness, and peace about Her that I was able to overcome it").......There are those that 'don't get awakened, uhhhhh, nicely'. My Uncle blessed me with a 'hair trigger'......VERY EFFECTIVE in the field.....not so much in civilian life. You go from snoring to having the other bloke on the ground putting them to sleep, before your eyes are even opened. I was obnoxious at best out here. It took me years to become user friendly.

How long has your power been out Perry? Sounds like a good time to be out of the 'reef keeping hobby'. Hope all are safe and power comes back on as advertised.

Coffee is up, and YUP, breakfast not yet. Getting the troops up early to get Nate to an early dentist appointment.

The 'Baby Sister' arrived last night, but NOT AN EASY NIGHT......As of 2:00 this morning, latest phone call from the Daddy, all are resting now. Prayers are ALWAYS GOOD!

Yesterday's falsely advertised 'warm' day has ushered in winter again.....30's for highs for a few here, and tomorrow, last I heard was 5-8" of shoveling lie ahead for me.

Wipe the eyes and let's go find the magic in today,
Hack

·
15,036 Posts
Top of the morning Perry! Good news about finding coffee....bad about sitting in the dark and cold a wee longer.
Hack

·
15,036 Posts
Ooooopsy.......while taking the long way around saying 'good morning' this morning, I forgot there was an offer for a 'BIG breakfast stop' on the way home from the dentist office.,.,,,so yeah, breakfast will be forthcoming.
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hack glad to hear about the new birth.
Power out the second I finished my coffee. Soon as the sun comes up all the Romex is tacked down and holes drilled. I just f do not want to do final wiring by flashlight.

Putting in little accent lights and three outlets. We got a new treadmill coming. It will interface with my Galaxy tablet to run a bunch of apps for Denise. Booming stereo is built into the treadmill and all Bluetooth.

Also, the company raised the compensation offer to a promised amount including a shift differential. I got a scathing email from HR for turning that down. In production people get a salary, let’s say 14 an hour. The shift differential is what is paid to work shifts no one wants. Swing shift 3 to 11 is usually 2 an hour. The HR lady is some cute young thing, but OFR’s don’t fall for that.

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
Good mawnin’, Perry, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, guys. I’ll offer up hot chocolate and Cream of Wheat to get us going until Hack brings back a take put breakfast for us. :D 🥳

Perry. - Eeesh on the power outage at home and the rest of your area. Hope you have power by now.
Your basement re-do is going to be fantastic!

Ooooopsy.......while taking the long way around saying 'good morning' this morning, I forgot there was an offer for a 'BIG breakfast stop' on the way home from the dentist office.,.,,,so yeah, breakfast will be forthcoming.
Hack
Hack - I never would have guessed that you used to wake up grumpy. No doubt you and Jen have had a positive effect on each other.

Good to hear that the baby finally arrived safely! What is her name?
What else is on for you today?

Doug - Good deal on having the magic touch to bring your outer back to life. 🥳 I hear ya on not wanting to use gray cells for too long on computer repair.
Did you get your vaccine yet?

Jeff - Holy cow you did a huge amount of snow removal yesterday! Hope your drive to your mom’s place is manageable.

This morning I have an annual Medicare checkup, and hopefully get my first dose of the Covid vaccine. Availability is the issue. I’ve heard that February 17 is a key date in other areas in the South.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
46,490 Posts
Morning all, 29 and cold dark this am. Main internet internet is still out, since friday last. Sux that it costs so much to have back up access but it helps. Still waiting on state gov to figure out vaccination thing, they cant seem to figure it out, I stopped caring

·
15,036 Posts
Gave the 'picture thing from the web' a try Cath on my new'ish MacBook Pro lap top.......
1613582821544.png
OK, worked as advertised with the 'COPY n PASTE' method.
Hack
A great excuse to wave Hi!

·
15,036 Posts
These Apple things are just too opinionated for my dinosaur taste buds.......
Hack

·
15,036 Posts
Jen has gotten such a kick out of the bird feeder on our porch.....it helps bring a smile to Her face just watching all the various wild life that take advantage of it. As well as the HUGE ASSORTMENT of birds that have a good representation, we are well known in the Grey Squirrel community around here. They just launch themselves from our walls, or roof, or bushes or catapults and land on the bird feeder achieving a free 'merry -go -round' ride along with it as they set it a spinning and a rocking.

BUT just now I grabbed Jen by the leg to get Her attention.....a Red Tailed Hawk was perched on it! 😲

THAT I am sure hasn't gone unnoticed by the usual birds and squirrels. There goes the neighborhood. Though very common around here, never thought a bird feeder would garner their attention?
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to hear about the birds Hack. I got the giantest one they had at Rural King for Christmas from Denise. It holds maybe 15 lbs plus two suets on the ends. Got a 99 dollar pole that has another suet, seed and oiled sunflower feeder. Going crazy so put a bunch extra on top of the cover for the septic and on the porch rails. Birds are going insane out there having a house party.

Power stuff back to normal here. My heart is out to those in Texas that are doing without.

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
Morning all, 29 and cold dark this am. Main internet internet is still out, since friday last. Sux that it costs so much to have back up access but it helps. Still waiting on state gov to figure out vaccination thing, they cant seem to figure it out, I stopped caring
Tharpt sure isn’t right about not having a plan to get folks vaccinated! Hopefully you’ll hear something soon.

Gave the 'picture thing from the web' a try Cath on my new'ish MacBook Pro lap top.......
View attachment 240951
OK, worked as advertised with the 'COPY n PASTE' method.
Hack
A great excuse to wave Hi!
You go it! Thanks for the wavey,
These Apple things are just too opinionated for my dinosaur taste buds.......
Hack
😄😄 Too Funny!

Way cool that you and Jen saw a red tailed hawk!

Good to hear about the birds Hack. I got the giantest one they had at Rural King for Christmas from Denise. It holds maybe 15 lbs plus two suets on the ends. Got a 99 dollar pole that has another suet, seed and oiled sunflower feeder. Going crazy so put a bunch extra on top of the cover for the septic and on the porch rails. Birds are going insane out there having a house party.

Power stuff back to normal here. My heart is out to those in Texas that are doing without.
Yeah on all that good eating for your birds!

I have heard that Sizzle N’ Heat wild bird seed has red pepper in it that squirrels don’t like, but doesn’t hurt birds. Have any of you tried that with your wild birds?

·
Administrator
46,490 Posts
Afternoon all, got off a little early since when of the PM kids came in early. Normally I would have stayed but need to go give ex money and see what she was able to schedule for tax appt, as well as a couple town stops.
47, sunny , I actually had to take off sweatshirt after the cold start to the morning.
An old friend/coworker who I met working in old lumber mill back in the 70s passed this Am so I need to check on family.

·
Super Moderator
26,695 Posts
Doug - I’m sorry about the passing of your friend. It will mean a lot to them for you to get in touch.

Church choir Zoom tonight. Not really a rehearsal, but we’ll see each other and learn something about Ash Wednesday.

Grooviness to all tonight!

·
Super Moderator
22,021 Posts
Evening all ,

Glad you got power back Perry.
Doug, sorry about the loss of your friend.

Well, snow relocation at mom's this morning went, ummmm, well. Looks like she got a wee bit of the lake effect snowfall, plus her place is not drifting snow prone, somewhat. so that meant what snow came down, stayed down in mostly even layers. Lucky it was the dry/light stuff, all 13" or so of it, which still made for a bit of work for the Toro two stage "thrower", the worst being the initial full pass of snow, ever pass afterwards was 1/3-1/2 going into the auger.Giving a atta boy/machine to the ol Toro, circa 1977 or so, still hanging in there and working like it should. Dad was using the new single stage Toro 4 cycle machine for most snow relocation and saved the older 2 stage one for the heavy stuff. I been using the old 2 stage gal the last few snows.

When I finished at mom's and taking break/yanking with her, Blyth texted saying her planned run up to Costco and grocery store hit a snag, her car would not start. Been noticing the last few days it has been cranking a bit slower than usual, wrote it off as being temperature related, like my car.So,, ended up getting a new battery and swapping it out when I got home, sounds/acts like it should now, 4 yr old OEM battery lived its claimed by some , normal life span of 3-4 yrs.

Dunno what is in the cards for positive productivity for tomorrow, but have a number of things to tend to/deal with ,,

Dawgs musta missed me today, based on how they greeted me when i got home,,, at least they are following the guide book on how to be thankful for being here rescues/adoptees, heheh.

Hope everyone had a great day!

·
Retired Wanderer
17,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Evening all ,

When I finished at mom's and taking break/yanking with her, Blyth texted saying her planned run up to Costco and grocery store hit a snag, her car would not start. Been noticing the last few days it has been cranking a bit slower than usual, wrote it off as being temperature related, like my car.So,, ended up getting a new battery and swapping it out when I got home, sounds/acts like it should now, 4 yr old OEM battery lived its claimed by some , normal life span of 3-4 yrs.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Yay figured out how to quote. 😄 Jeff I have not had a new car lately have a battery that lasts more than two years, including the BMW I had. The replacement batteries have lasted forever.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts