The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day, Laura was looking at the tank and made the unsolicited comment that the tank looks excellent...it has never looked better and it's amazing...
I had to pinch myself twice then nearly got tears in my eyes from the emotion of such a kind loving comment :)

dumbfounded...maybe I should use this opportunity to upgrade to a larger tank :)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
WAIT!!!!!!!!!! stop and think.... WHAT DID SHE DO? or WHAT DOES SHE WANT TO BUY. lol sorry to burst the bubble. :)

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Better question.... Is she looking to have another baby???????????? That's kind of the same thing my wife just did to me and look where it got me!!! LOL j/k =)

No seriously it's great that even your wife is noticing things changing in your tank... Just means that you are doing things and when you get that new light I bet she'll notice it even more!

·
Physical/Reef therapist
388 Posts
Last time that happened to me I upgraded like you were thinking... shortly after my wife got me for a Coach purse.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here are some tank shots...poor color/lighting but you get the idea

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
boy...that color is AWFUL!!!! washed out too much from the windows. You can at least get an idea of how nice it looks if you use your imagination...or trust my wife's good taste!

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
That's awesome Matt!! Wait til you get your new light! Lately all Allison has been saying is "you can't setup the 150 because it's going to use too much power".

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The VHO is nice, less juice for sure, good color and my growth has been...well pretty good. New lights should come in 2 months :( but that will give me a chance to sell.

For your system, I figure it's 25% upstairs lights, 25% downstairs lights, and the other 1/2 of all consumption will be for the skimmer & return that will power both...tell her it will only cost around 25% more energy than the upstairs/down sump will :) I know there will be powerheads, livestock, rock, more livestock, some AOG's at $40 a polyp, and goodness knows what else.

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
lol!! I have those 48" VHO's with the Ice Cap ballast that I got with the Ebay tank. So I will probably set that up and then Jake has a 150 halide pc combo that I may stick on the remaining end.

You sure are good at helping me rationalize my habits :)

btw Saturday was my 3 month mark of no smoking!

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's awesome Josh! (the lights are good too) That is something you can be proud of...plus you can use that cash to pay for electricity! (I know, more rationalization)

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
That's fantastic Josh about the quitting thing... Tell Allison that with all of the money you are saving on that that you should be able to setup the 150... That's what I told Jen (didn't work so well but, in the end I did get it setup anyhow lol). As I told you when Matt and I went over to your place... Just give me a weekend and I'll make the plans on doing some major plumbing overhaul'n of your system(s).

Jas

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
congrats on your 3 months.....

btw are you in need / would you like some more purple rim monti?

·
Registered
63 Posts
congrats ont the quitin i wish i could but i get ornry and me an the ol lady fight she smokes to just imagine when moneys short!! by the way the way tardfarmer im trying to set up my 50gal and lookingfor an overflow jason told me to ask you

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Thanks all the quitting wasn't too bad but when I go downtown it can get hard. However the Bodega is smoke free now so that is rather nice :)

Aaron, I would certainly be game to try some purple rim Monti again. Don't count me out on your meeting yet it just depends on my workload :)

I am debating bringing up the $$$ saved could go towards electricity I have a feeling Allison would just shake her head in disbelief and then proceed to eat my soul ;) jk she is very nice and I hope I am not giving you guys the wrong impression.

ten, I do have a cpr overflow I am not using, I used it on my 45 gallon for about 6 months. I also have an aqualifter pump for it. Interested? shoot me a pm.

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Josh, what Ted was trying to ask you was about the setup you recieved from Glass-holes.com.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Congrats on the no smoking for three months. It is going to be two years for me in a couple days. Thats when I started this hobby who ever thought it would cost more and be more addicting than smoking? But boy is it ever worth it. Keep up the good work.

Tim

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Thanks all the quitting wasn't too bad but when I go downtown it can get hard. However the Bodega is smoke free now so that is rather nice :)

Aaron, I would certainly be game to try some purple rim Monti again. Don't count me out on your meeting yet it just depends on my workload :)

I am debating bringing up the $$$ saved could go towards electricity I have a feeling Allison would just shake her head in disbelief and then proceed to eat my soul ;) jk she is very nice and I hope I am not giving you guys the wrong impression.

ten, I do have a cpr overflow I am not using, I used it on my 45 gallon for about 6 months. I also have an aqualifter pump for it. Interested? shoot me a pm.

if you want it come and get it :) lol that will get you up here right? If you thought the piece you had before was big... well I was cleaning the other day and yeah a good chunk broke. But I was also planning on trimming it back at the meeting.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts