The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy Jake, Tattoo artist at mind altering hooked me up with his employers aquarium. I drove out to his bosses house this AM with Jake and picked it up. I got 150 gallon long aquarium and about 100 pounds of liverock, some nice big pieces. I also got a bunch of maxijets a canister filter, some type of skimmer that I don't recognize, test kit, eco aqualizer 150 and a bag of aragonite sand.

Allison was speechless when I showed it to her....

His wife wanted it out of the house because he had stopped taking care of it and had already removed the fish. I am going to set it up in the basement and link it with my 90 that I still need to upgrade to. I plan on making it into an aggressive tank. Put in the Lunar wrasse that is sitting in fish jail at John's house. Move the snowflake eel to it. And then perhaps get a Volitans Lion.

No clue what to think of the eco aqualizer. Do they actually do anything?

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
That is a great score, congratulations!

I wonder if your wife would be okay with it if maybe you let her pick out a couple of fish or something. Never know, you might be able to get her hooked as well. ;)

Sorry, but I don't have a clue as to what the Eco Aqualizer thing is.

Best of luck setting up your new tank.

·
Reef Junkie
532 Posts
Ha Ha. Its like every other week your setting up a new tank.

I have seen those aqualizers before. JR used those at Fins and Fangs when he had the shop open. If it last as long as they say they do and the bad things stay in it, (cause its a single tube and nothing leaves it) I cant think it would help. Just my 2 cents.

Call me so I can talk to you about getting one of your tanks out of your house, maybe that will keep the wife a little happier,

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
I've read alot of articles on the Eco-Aqualizer and pretty much everyone that has used it or researched it believes that it doesn't do any good. Since you have one, you might as well check it out and form your own opinion since it won't harm anything.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
You guys know that I have one running on my tank right? No joke!
ok, yes I think it is a joke, but I seriously do have one on my tank.
It came with one plumbed in, and I have not yet removed it...
you're welcome to check it out
matt

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
I thought that I saw one of those on the back side of your stand above your sump Matt, but I didn't look at it that closely because I was too busy trying to figure out how to get your orange monticap out of the tank without you noticing that it was missing.

·
The Watcher
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
heheh I thought the same thing Brian :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts