The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well my plans got changed and we used the 50 gallon for our breaded dragon.
Then my wife said "why don't we just get a nano tank" :blob: :thumbup:. So I figured we might as well enter the contest too, just for fun................ wonder if whiskey will still be willing to help me out. Since I'm considered in "the competition" crowd now.

I am planning on building the stand for our tank. Right now we plan to buy a 12 gallon nano tank that comes with most of what we need. Once we get the tank I will decide if there is any room for a few mods. No plans to do a sump, yet.

As far as live stock, we aren't real sure yet. It will have 2 maybe 3 small fish, possibly a very small "clean up crew", and a few coral. My wife does want to have a clown fish. So I have to do a little research and see what else I can have with it.

:beer:Well that sums it up for now. I hope I have met the guide lines to enter, I know I'm a little vague on something. But I wanted to get my thread started before I forgot and missed the dead line.

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,681 Posts
wonder if whiskey will still be willing to help me out. Since I'm considered in "the competition" crowd now.
You guys do know I'm not going to win this thing don't you? There are much better designs in this contest than mine,.. I just want to play :)

Of course I'll still help you,.. You've got my number,.. just give me a ring.

Welcome to the party!
Whiskey

·
Underwater Coral Farmer
4,434 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,217 Posts
Well my plans got changed and we used the 50 gallon for our breaded dragon.
I had breaded dragon a couple of weeks ago I think when we went out for Chinese.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yay for bearded Dragons!!!! Welcome to the build!!!
She seems to be a little happier now that she is back inside with us. We use to breed them, then our male died about a year ago and she hasn't been the same since. But she is 8yrs old so she can be grumpy if she wants to be IMO :rotflmao:.

Alright back to the nano tank.:banana:
:beer:Thanks for the warm welcome into the build off everyone!:beer:
I think we are going to get a USA Aquapod 12 gallon (maybe even a 24 but I doubt it). Are these very good or do they need to be modded in order to work correctly? I do like the fact that they are made of glass (less of a chance that I will scratch it), and have independent light controls. But I have heard that they need helping in the cooling depart for the lights and the tank. I do have an idea on how I'll build the stand but I'm waiting till I have the tank in hand to make my final design. I hope to have a refined list of inhabitants with in the next few days.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought about going with the MH but 2 things made me decide otherwise. First I was a little concerned about it making the tank temp to high, and one of the fish I'm thinking about getting can jump out if there isn't a lid. The second reason is plain and simple cost:doh:, its cheaper without the MH. And if money wasn't a concern I would just by a certain tank that I now is for sale a build a BIG reef tank. So sadly I have to watch my budget pretty close, which means a small tank and no MH for me:cry:.

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,681 Posts
I thought about going with the MH but 2 things made me decide otherwise. First I was a little concerned about it making the tank temp to high, and one of the fish I'm thinking about getting can jump out if there isn't a lid. The second reason is plain and simple cost:doh:, its cheaper without the MH. And if money wasn't a concern I would just by a certain tank that I now is for sale a build a BIG reef tank. So sadly I have to watch my budget pretty close, which means a small tank and no MH for me:cry:.
Oh well,.. No big deal,.. The MH is cool, but you really don't need it.

Whiskey

1 - 20 of 171 Posts