The Reef Tank banner

Why We Love Marines

2K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Buzz_Hog 
#1 ·
My fellow Jarheads will appreciate this one....

WHY WE LOVE MARINES

Shortly after President Bush took office, an old man approached the
White House from the park across Pennsylvania Avenue where he'd been
sitting on a park bench.

He spoke to the U. S. Marine standing guard and said, "I would like to
go in and meet with President Clinton. "

The marine looked at the man and said, "Sir, Mr.Clinton is no longer
president and no longer resides here.

The old man said, "Okay," and walked away.

The following day, the same man approached the White House and said to
the same Marine, "I would like to go in and meet with President Clinton.
"

The marine again told the man, "Sir, Mr. Clinton is no longer
president and no longer resides here."

The man thanked him and, again, just walked away.

The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to
the very same U. S. Marine, saying "I would like to go in and meet with
President Clinton."

The marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man
and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking
to speak to Mr.Clinton; I've told you already that Mr. Clinton is no
longer the president and no longer resides here. Don't you understand? "

The old man looked at the Marine and said, "Oh, I understand. I just
love hearing it."

The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said,"See you tomorrow,
Sir!"

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
OOOOOHRAHHHH!!!!

Chalk up one for the Marines

Jeff

(humming .......... From the halls of Motazuma (sp)..........to the shores of.....

#6 ·
weeeeellllll....being a Ranger, it is against my code of conduct to "cheer" for the marines :funny:

however, i do have to laugh at the joke, since i have zero tolerance for draft dodgers who become commander in chief, and then pull me and my brothers out of battle because it made him look bad that people got hurt. not to mention pulling us out and leaving our fallen brothers behind on the battlefield and not allowing us to return to rescue them :angry:

not that i'm bitterabout somalia or anything. ;)

#11 ·
President Clinton was returning to Washington from Arkansas and upon deplanning from Air Force One he was carrying a pig under each arm. As he came down the ramp a Marine saluted him. Clinton said he was sorry but he couldn't salute back because of the pigs he was carrying. "And a fine pair of pigs they are" said the Marine." Clinton replied "Oh these aren't ordinary pigs. These are Arkansas Razorbacks!" The Marine responded "They look like very good pigs, Sir." So Clinton says "I got one for Hilary and one for Chelsea." The Marine answered "Looks like a very good trade, Sir!! " :D

#15 ·
actually you could go one better and say three words to him:

"join the army: :D

glad to hear your friends son made it home safely, and my hat's off to him for his service

btw: for those not in the know, army/marine rib jabbing is tradition.. i have the utmost respect for ALL my fellow servicemen and women.

#16 ·
thefatman said:
btw: for those not in the know, army/marine rib jabbing is tradition.. i have the utmost respect for ALL my fellow servicemen and women.
That must be because you guys are fighting for second place after the Air Force! ;)

#20 · (Edited)
This link deserves a thread of its own, but I figured I would add it here instead. This link shows why we love all of the members of our armed forces.

Warning: It may be slow to load on dial-up, but I am sure you will find that it is worth the time it takes to load.

http://www.pressaprint.com/som/WeSupportU2.htm

Andrew

#24 ·
ahhhh nothing like a good tear jerker at the end of the day. powerful stuff there andy thanks!

i especially like the photos of soldiers with kids. i wont go into detail here, but one of my missions in desert storm was to "cleanup" a grammar school in kuwait that had been bombed. always brings me to tears when i see soldiers with children.

btw: brown trout i was a medic too in the army. started out as a medic, then went on to become a ranger and upgraded to special forces medic. at the end of my tour, i served my last year as a drill sergeant :D and THAT was probably the most fun, and in many ways, the most rewarding... turning sorry sacks of maggot crap into soldiers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.