The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, what a year this has been so far....
without getting into too many boring details...I left my job the first of December...spent the entire month of Dec and holidays with ALL the family (first time in 20 years we had done that)..went back to work the first of Jan...spent Jan and part of Feb in Fla training.....didn't work out...started again the end of March...just finished go through a new Training program last week...things are going extremely well....got otta the rut and got rejuvinated...I promise to get back in the swing of things here....
Here are some pics of the tank...it has come along very nicely...
I have a 250w Iwasaki (no actinics at this point...can't figure out enough room...more on that quest later)...I changed relectors recently and not as much light is hitting the tank....the tank has blossomed since I did that...its amazing...
bob

well that didn't work...here are a couple pics til I re-fiure it out

bob

·
Super Moderator
27,670 Posts
BOB!!! I'm so glad to see you again. I'm sorry you went through such dreadful job changes, but it looks like it has turned out even better for you.

I just love your tank!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Welcome Home Dad. Good to have ya back. Glad to hear things are goin well for you

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
22,404 Posts
BOB! GLAD to have ya back!
gotta keep the Indiana Reefers STRONG!:beer: :beer: :dance: :dance:
Drew is well?:)

·
Registered
371 Posts
BOB!!!!So glad to see you back with the family!!!!:D

:dance: :dance: Lee:beer: :beer:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
bob, good to have you back. you were gone before icame along, so i dont know you. but it sounds like you were well liked!! good to hear all is well with the job change. i'm about to go through the same. i'm closing down my business after 8 years and planning to join the work force. or start a new business.

btw: there is something scarey about hearing doug refer to someone as "dad" that would make you like 240 ::eek:

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
Heh! sounds good so far, how is the tank overall, and how is Drew coming along with his reef keeping skills?

Welcome back!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hey Dad!

Good to see you back around!! That hunk of leather you gave me finally started growing and looking like a finger leather instead of a blob leather! :funny: Did that ricordia make it for ya? I still have your container so I'll send it back with something in it for ya! You'll have to PM or email me your address again. I'll try to snap a pic of that leather, it has nice yellow polyps. Talk to you soon!

-Big Dave

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Big Dave said:
Hey Dad!

Good to see you back around!! That hunk of leather you gave me finally started growing and looking like a finger leather instead of a blob leather! :funny: Did that ricordia make it for ya? I still have your container so I'll send it back with something in it for ya! You'll have to PM or email me your address again. I'll try to snap a pic of that leather, it has nice yellow polyps. Talk to you soon!

-Big Dave
the ricordia is doing very well....glad to hear the leather is doing better...here is a pic of the ricordia and the leather above it is a chip off the ole stalk your leather came from...they were given to us by Shirley M when first got the tank...

I have some orange zoos, green w/ blue zoos, brown w/faint green center zoosand hairy green hairy mushcrooms (if any of those are of interest to ya) to send back....

talk to ya later...

bob

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
btw: there is something scarey about hearing doug refer to someone as "dad" that would make you like 240 ::eek: [/QUOTE]

that's how I feel when I first get up....:rolleyes:
actually, my son Drew got us started with this addiction when he was in Shirley M's 5 grade class. She sent him here to get information. (She also gave him / us a great jump start with frags etc:beer:)
....He was registered on the board and I wasn't. When I posted I just said I was Drew's Dad and these clowns referred to me as Dad...just kinda stuck I guess...

=Any credit for our tank goes to the incredible people here for all the help support and nagging they provide....(don't believe the last part...just read the good morning threads:funny: )

hopefully I can keep up with you younger guys though....

bob

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Glad to see you back, Bob and to here that all is well. Tank looks great :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts