The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - don't yell at me but who thinks 1 week of "cycling" with 100lbs. of rock and 20lbs live sand is enough to add the stuff from my 12G nano to the new 65? I wouldn't even consider asking except that the stuff on the Live Rock that is in the 65G is doing great - I see some crusting polyps that are open. A yellow sponge that is doing great. Some barnacles that are still alive and feeding, and a hitchhicker brown striped starfish that is moving around all over the place. (Wow - it's like Romper Room!)

Do I need to wait another week? 2? aaak!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
47,678 Posts
aare you getting any readings for ammonia or nitrite? as long as you can read either I wouldn't do it!
Hopefully you are getting a grip on the temp issue, I have the fans locked in my bronco and have misplaced the keys :(
I promise I will get them out and sent,when I get back from the baby :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Test the stability of your water parameters.

I would err on the safe side and not risk it. Likely it needs more time. Specifically when cycling with a large amount of new LR, no matter what you will have die off and you will get an amonia spike. Unless you've already "seen" the spike through frequest tests then I'd wait.
 

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
*raises hand* As someone told me recently when I was moving the 20 into the 75, *winks at Danielle*, I would still wait a week to be on the safest side. :) Things may open and roam now, but they could be dying or dead tomorrow. Reefs are finicky with sometimes no advance warning. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK - you guys - 'nuf said.....I'll wait another week to be safe...I know patience pays...but it is soooo hard to be patient......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way - Doug......I have temp down to 79 without the lights and we still have another fan to ad plus yours whenever......so I think we'll be ok - I will probably start shopping for a chiller in a month or so just to be super safe when I start adding the big stuff livestock....
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top